Spire.Presentation is a professional PowerPoint® compatible library that enables developers to create, read, write, modify, convert and Print PowerPoint documents. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Presentation for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:51 am

HI Team,
How can we copy one table from a slide and paste it two times in another slide in same PPT?

When i tried to paste it twice on a slide as i need this table twice on a slide and after that saved the PPT and when opened ,it give attached error.
Please see error attached for your reference.

It seems we can add same table twice but after saving PPT when we opening it gives below error.

error:- Powerpoint found a problem with content in 'PPT file name".Powerpoint can attempt to repair the presentation.
if you trust the source of this presentation ,click repair

if i click on repair everything gone on that slide and on clicking 'cancel' nothing opening.

Please help me ASAP..I need this urgently.

Thanks in advance. Looking for a positive response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anil Kumar

anilbits001

Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:20 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry to reply late for weekend.
I have finished the test using Spire.Presentation Pack Hotfix Version:4.8.15 but didn’t reproduce your issue, the table could be pasted two times between slides in the same PowerPoint document and the result file could be opened normally on my side.
Below is my code for your reference.
Code: Select all
            Presentation ppt = new Presentation();
            ppt.LoadFromFile(@"……\18911.pptx");

//define the source slide and target slide
            ISlide sourceSlide = ppt.Slides[0];
            ISlide targetSlide = ppt.Slides[1];

//copy the table from the source slide to the target slide twice
            targetSlide.Shapes.AddShape((Shape)sourceSlide.Shapes[0]);
            targetSlide.Shapes.AddShape((Shape)sourceSlide.Shapes[0]);

//save the document to file
            ppt.SaveToFile("18911-result.pptx", Spire.Presentation.FileFormat.Pptx2013);

Please use the latest version of Spire.Presentaion and try my code, if the issue still exists, to help us investigate your issue accurately, please offer us the following information.
1. Your input PowerPoint document.
2. The complete code you were using which could reproduce your issue directly.
3. The PowerPoint version you used to open your PowerPoint file.
You could upload them here or send us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email.

Best wishes,
Amber
E-iceblue support team

Amber.Gu

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:43 am

Hi Amber,

Thanks for a quick response.

I am using the latest version of Spire.Presentaion and the issue still exists . Please find the required information below:

I created a zip folder of my website which contains all the files i.e. complete code,Powerpoint Template. I have attached this under Upload Attachment for your reference.

Note:- 1. There is folder named as Temp under my project name as table_paste_twice_error -here output will be saved and name of output file is
Sample_Output.pptx
2. My input PowerPoint document is under Temp\Template folder and the name of my input template is Sample_Template.pptx.. so you can find it here.

Details for tables which i am using and getting error:-
1. first my code check some conditions on talist of slide then it found the slide which need to be copy using SetTheTemplateSlideNumber sub procedure in code,
2. then using Newslide sub procedure i copy third slide and paste it at the end of same PPT document ,then i first add tag list of new slide and then check tag list of a table and then delete the tables names as Group 438 on new slide which is now no-4 and save the PPT.
3. Now i assign the new slide that is 4 now do my work so, i use code to AddATable to copy a table name as Group 438 from slide 3 and paste on slide 4 then, i check tagname of that table and add rows and data into that table after that i remove last row from that table also. i changed the tag name of this table and again save the PPT file.
4. Now,i am copying the same table name as Group 438 from same slide 3 and pasting on same slide 4 using AddATable function . again checking tag name and removing hader row from this table and adding data into second row . After that i saved the PPT and when i open it it giving me the Repair error and if i clicked on repair then the new slide no-4 blank out.

So the error comes when i was adding the same table on same slide on second time.

Hope i have listed all the details.

Thanks in Advance. Looking for a positive response..

Thanks & Regards,
Anil Kumar

anilbits001

Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:44 am

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your reply.
I didn't receive the zip folder which contains all your files, neither on our forum nor in our email. It seems that you didn't upload them on our forum successfully. I'm afraid it's difficult to locate the reason of your issue if we don't reproduce it on our side.
Could you please send them to us again? You upload them here or send us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email.

Best wishes,
Amber
E-iceblue support team

Amber.Gu

Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:07 am

Hi Amber,

Thanks for your reply,

I have attached zip folder earlier but it seems it's having size of more than 20 MB thus it is not get uploaded here.

So I have removed the required DLL for spire.presentation from my project because they are having size around 55 MB. now i have attached again my website which having complete code and input PPT without DLL. Please see details below:

1. Please install my website/project from table_paste_twice_error.zip folder into your VS and then do step 2
2. Please install/add required DLL of spire.presentation which will be added under Bin folder . I have highlighted them in yellow . Please refer attachment table_twice_paste error_Details.zip for this, you will find a PDF which having snapshot of this..
3.After that under Solution Explorer and under table_paste_twice_error open file Default.aspx.vb and press F5, the project will run and you can see then my code.
4. After that it will open a web browser and you will find there a Submit button, Please click on that button and then the all code which required for PPT to do work on slides in file Main.vb will execute.
5. You can find the input Template under Temp\Template folder and the input PPt file name is Sample_Template.pptx. I have also highlighted in Orange . Please refer attachment table_twice_paste error_Details.zip for this, you will find a PDF which having snapshot of this.
6. You can find all code in file Main.vb which having all code related to copy and paste table in PPT.
7. Final resulted Output PPT file will be saved in b]Solution Explorer [/b] and under Temp folder. You can right click on Temp folder and then click on Open folder in file explorer.the output file will be there.

Please Note that,i have used the latest version of spire.presenation and added DLL's.

Moreover, You can find more details on my previous reply as i have listed them briefly there.

Hope, This make clear to you.
Thanks in Advance . Looking for a positive response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anil Kumar

anilbits001

Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:22 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your information.
I will do a further investigation of this issue. Meanwhile, since your attachment doesn't have the project file, could you please provide it to us? So that I could reproduce your issue quickly.

Best wishes,
Amber
E-iceblue support team

Amber.Gu

Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:26 pm

Hi Amber,
Thanks for reply.

It is a web application. so follow the steps to open the web application.

1. I have attached again the zip folder table_paste_twice_error.zip which contains all the files. I think it's have everything. Please see below steps to run this website in VS.
2. Unzip the attached zip folder and save it to on your system.
3 Open Visual Studio and click on file menu and after that hover the mouse on open then click on web site and then select the attached folder which you have unzipped in previous step.
4. Now, Click on solution Explore from right side of Visual Studio and then you can see all files,folder listed there.
5. Double click on Default.aspx.vb file and press F5 to run the code . after that see all steps which i mentioned already in my trailing posts.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks & Regards,
Anil Kumar

anilbits001

Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:38 am

Hi,

Thanks for your information and sorry for my mistake.
I have reproduced your issue on my side and posted it to our Dev team. Once there is any progress, we will let you know.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best wishes,
Amber
E-iceblue support team

Amber.Gu

Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:11 am

Hi Amber,

Hope you are doing well.

Is there any update on this issue ? As this require an urgently for my project.

Thanks in advance. Looking for a positive response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anil Kumar

anilbits001

Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:18 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I checked the state of your issue in our bug tacking system and it is in the testing phrase now. Please share us little more time, once the test passes, we will inform you immediately. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best wishes,
Amber
E-iceblue support team

Amber.Gu

Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:17 am

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.
Glad to tell you that the previous issue has been resolved in Spire.Presentation Pack Hotfix Version:4.9.5. Welcome to download and test it from the following links.
Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-presentation-for-net-now.html
NuGet link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Presentation/4.9.5

Best wishes,
Amber
E-iceblue support team

Amber.Gu

Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:06 am

Hi Amber,

Thanks for your reply and fixing this issue.

I am very existed to use this new version.

I tried to install the new Spire.Presentation Pack Hotfix Version:4.9.5. from NuGet link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Presentation/4.9.5 using Package Manager Console in Visual Studio unfortunately, it was not installed, as it is showing installing Spire.Presentation 4.9.5. continuously for many hours in Visual Studio. I waiting around 2-4 hours to get complete it but it is still in the same continuous state of installing phase.

Please note, i used command Install-Package Spire.Presentation -Version 4.9.5 in Package Manager Console in VS.

Please see the attached screenshot for your reference.

Thanks in advance. Waiting for a positive response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anil Kumar

anilbits001

Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:04 am

Hi Anil,

I tested the NuGet link, it could work. But you could directly download the package via this link, https://www.e-iceblue.com/downloads/hot ... _4.9.5.zip. Welcome to have a try.

Sincerely,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:09 am

Hi,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
How's your issue doing? Could you please give us some feedback at your convenience?

Best wishes,
Amber
E-iceblue support team

Amber.Gu

Return to Spire.Presentation