Spire.Presentation is a professional PowerPoint® compatible library that enables developers to create, read, write, modify, convert and Print PowerPoint documents. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Presentation for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:40 pm

Hello

We have hit a case where we need to insert around 200 rows into a spire table.

We have made logic to automatically expand a table onto new slides if it's too big for the current slide.

When we try to insert these amounts of data, we can see that spire is steadily eating more and more memory until an eventual our of memory exception.

We have tried to aggressively dispose of Spire.presentation objects, but have seen no difference in the amount of memory used.

Example project attached. Spire references will need to be fixed, as the dll's are not in the upload.
Simply run the "SpireTest" project and select "Template.pptx" in the file popup.

This should take a while, where you will be able to see memory being eaten up steadily, and depending on your setup, probably get an out of memory crash.

Archigo

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:22 am

Hello Archigo,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I have reproduced the issue you mentioned. However, since there's a limitation of row numbers in MS PowerPoint with the maximum of 75 for 2010 and 2013, we need investigate further if your operation is correct or effective. I have delivered the issue to our dev team, once there's any news, I will let you know.

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:01 am

Has there been any progress on this?

Regarding the limit of rows: In our real case we are splitting the tables to fit on slides, but this has the same memory issue.

Archigo

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:40 am

Hello Archigo,

Sorry to tell that there's no significant progress so far.
In addition, when handling the case, we encountered some new problem on the old project you provided. Never mind, I have given a higher priority to this case. To help us better deal with the issue, could you please share the newest project? We want it to be complete and runnable, including the "HelloLog.dll".
Thank you in advance and so sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:50 am

Here is a runable example. You will need to add your own spire dll references.

Archigo

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:49 am

Hello,

Thank you for your project.
We will look into it.

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:23 am

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.
I have reproduced the issue. Our dev team would investigate it further.

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Return to Spire.Presentation