Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:51 pm

Dear sir/ma'am,

We are satisfied customers of your product Spire.Doc for .Net, but recently we tried to upgrade our version of 8.10.4 to 9.4.1 yet there's an issue with our existing mergefield notations.

In our application we have a Dutch notation where amounts are written as follow: 1.234.567,00
For English notation we use: 1,234,567.00

In the docx files { MERGEFIELD "example" \# ###,###,##0.00 }

Setting the language of the mergefield used to automatically adjust the notation correctly, but even when we tried to explicitly state the separation as { MERGEFIELD "example" \# ###.###.##0,00 } it wouldn't display properly. In some samples a lot of zeros were added and the numbers behind the decimal were moved in front.

The English notations are all still working properly, it's the Dutch notation that somehow is incorrect.

I tried looking on the forum and user manual but couldn't find how to fix this. Would appreciate it if you can give some instructions how to properly display our amounts in version 9.4.1. For now we fixed it by downgrading to our old version.

Best regards,

Arnout

john.leeuwis@emanon.nl

Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:11 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry!

I have reproduced your issue and logged it in our issue tracking system with the ticket SPIREDOC-5835 for further investigation.

We will let you know if there is any update. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:29 am

Hello,

Thank you for the swift reply.

Have a nice day.

Arnout

john.leeuwis@emanon.nl

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:18 am

Hello Arnout,

Thanks for your feedback!

Once there is any progress regarding the issue SPIREDOC-5835, we will notify you immediately.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:14 am

Marcia.Zhou wrote:Hello Arnout,

Once there is any progress regarding the issue SPIREDOC-5835, we will notify you immediately.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Hey Marcia,

I would appreciate it if you can give an estimate of a timeframe when we can expect this issue to be solved. I searched the forum using the SPIREDOC-5835 didn't see anything yet. Thanks in advance! Have a nice day.

best regards,

Arnout

john.leeuwis@emanon.nl

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:52 am

Hello,

Thanks for your follow-up.

Our Dev team is still working on your issue, sorry to tell that there is no significant progress so far. Anyway, I urged and requested them to share any possible ETA at their earliest, once there is any good news, we will notify you immediately. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:36 am

Marcia.Zhou wrote:Hello,

Thanks for your follow-up.

Our Dev team is still working on your issue, sorry to tell that there is no significant progress so far. Anyway, I urged and requested them to share any possible ETA at their earliest, once there is any good news, we will notify you immediately. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Ok no problem. Thank you for the reply.

best regards,

Arnout

john.leeuwis@emanon.nl

Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:05 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patience!

Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.Doc Pack Version:9.6 which fixes the issue that the number format was incorrect after mail merge.(SPIREDOC-5835 ).

Please download the fix version from the following links to test.

Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Doc/9.6.0

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:52 am

Thanks for your patience!

Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.Doc Pack Version:9.6 which fixes the issue that the number format was incorrect after mail merge.(SPIREDOC-5835 ).

Please download the fix version from the following links to test.

Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Doc/9.6.0

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Thank you for the notification. We will start testing it and will post a confirmation whether it fixed the issue.

john.leeuwis@emanon.nl

Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:20 am

Hello,

If you encounter any issues related to our product in your test, just feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:22 am

If you encounter any issues related to our product in your test, just feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Hello,

Sorry for the long delay, but we finally were able to test 9.6.10 version and sorry to say it does not fix the issue described above. Not sure if it matters but the operating system on our server uses English notations as default. We also tried 9.6.2 version and that didn't work either. The 9.6.0 link posted in your previous reply has been unlisted so we have not tested that version.

Would appreciate some feedback how we can upgrade to a higher version. The original bug ascribed was SPIREDOC-5835 and it is in the patchnotes.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Arnout

john.leeuwis@emanon.nl

Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:12 am

Hello,

First, kindly note that now the latest version of our Spire.Doc for NET is Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:9.6.10, you can download and test with this version.

Besides, I did more test about mail merge with Holland number format uses English notations as default, but did not reproduce your issue, and the number show as 1.234.567,00. Here I attached my testing code, input file and generate file.
MergeHolland.zip

If the issue still exists after you using the latest version, please provide us with the following information for further investigate. Thanks in advance.

1. Your target framework (E.G. .Net Framework 4.6.1).
2. Your input file (If any).
3. Your testing code.
4. Your system information (E.g. Win7, 64 bit) and region setting (E.g. China, Chinese).

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:19 am

Hello,

Thank you as always for the swift reply. Firstly we will re-run the tests again. We saw in your sample file, we have to use different notation is that correct? In V8.14 we had to put the language of the template on Dutch and it would adjust it.

In one of our tests when the mergefield is: { MERGEFIELD "example" \# ###.###.##0,00 } (So used the Dutch notation)

And as example the value was 75. The output of the mergefield was 7.500,00 instead of 75,00.

For now we will test again, and will let you know the results. System information and framework have to discuss with my colleagues if we can disclose that, but if it doesn't work we can provide some anonymized sample files and testing code.

Have a nice day.

Arnout

john.leeuwis@emanon.nl

Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:57 pm

Hello,

Some preliminary test results:

When the language of the docx file is put on US { MERGEFIELD "example" \# ###.###.##0,00 } input value of 75, the output in de pdf will be correct. 75,00

When the language of the docx file is Dutch or Belgium Dutch { MERGEFIELD "example" \# ###.###.##0,00 } will be 7.500,00

When the language of the docx file is Dutch or Belgium Dutch input is 0.0075 { MERGEFIELD "example" \# ###.###.##0,000 } becomes 75,000

When the language of the docx file is set to US input is 1000 { MERGEFIELD "example" \# ###.##0 } the output in pdf is 1000.000. Same field and input in dutch will correctly display 1.000

Could you please try to replicate our findings?

Thank you in advance. We will internally discuss and confirm findings as well.

best regards,

Arnout

john.leeuwis@emanon.nl

Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:56 am

Hello, Arnout

Thanks for sharing more information.

I did more tests based on your describe: Mail merge 75, 1000, 0.0075 in both English and Dutch or Belgium Dutch, but the generated files still in the same number format: 75,00 , 1.000,00 , 0,01. Here I also attached my result files.
MailMerge.zip

It will better help us reproduce your issue if you could provide us with your program target framework, your input example files and your system information.

In addition, do you restart the Visual Studio after you changing the region and language format every time to make sure the program adapts to the current regional settings? If not, please try it and run your program again.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Return to Spire.Doc