Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files from any .NET platform (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core) and Java applications (J2SE and J2EE) with fast and high quality performance.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:51 pm

Dear sir/ma'am,

We are satisfied customers of your product Spire.Doc for .Net, but recently we tried to upgrade our version of 8.10.4 to 9.4.1 yet there's an issue with our existing mergefield notations.

In our application we have a Dutch notation where amounts are written as follow: 1.234.567,00
For English notation we use: 1,234,567.00

In the docx files { MERGEFIELD "example" \# ###,###,##0.00 }

Setting the language of the mergefield used to automatically adjust the notation correctly, but even when we tried to explicitly state the separation as { MERGEFIELD "example" \# ###.###.##0,00 } it wouldn't display properly. In some samples a lot of zeros were added and the numbers behind the decimal were moved in front.

The English notations are all still working properly, it's the Dutch notation that somehow is incorrect.

I tried looking on the forum and user manual but couldn't find how to fix this. Would appreciate it if you can give some instructions how to properly display our amounts in version 9.4.1. For now we fixed it by downgrading to our old version.

Best regards,

Arnout

john.leeuwis@emanon.nl
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:43 am

Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:11 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry!

I have reproduced your issue and logged it in our issue tracking system with the ticket SPIREDOC-5835 for further investigation.

We will let you know if there is any update. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Marcia.Zhou
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:29 am

Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:29 am

Hello,

Thank you for the swift reply.

Have a nice day.

Arnout

john.leeuwis@emanon.nl
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:43 am

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:18 am

Hello Arnout,

Thanks for your feedback!

Once there is any progress regarding the issue SPIREDOC-5835, we will notify you immediately.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Marcia.Zhou
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:29 am

Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:14 am

Marcia.Zhou wrote:Hello Arnout,

Thanks for your feedback!

Once there is any progress regarding the issue SPIREDOC-5835, we will notify you immediately.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team



Hey Marcia,

I would appreciate it if you can give an estimate of a timeframe when we can expect this issue to be solved. I searched the forum using the SPIREDOC-5835 didn't see anything yet. Thanks in advance! Have a nice day.

best regards,

Arnout

john.leeuwis@emanon.nl
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:43 am

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:52 am

Hello,

Thanks for your follow-up.

Our Dev team is still working on your issue, sorry to tell that there is no significant progress so far. Anyway, I urged and requested them to share any possible ETA at their earliest, once there is any good news, we will notify you immediately. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Marcia.Zhou
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:29 am

Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:36 am

Marcia.Zhou wrote:Hello,

Thanks for your follow-up.

Our Dev team is still working on your issue, sorry to tell that there is no significant progress so far. Anyway, I urged and requested them to share any possible ETA at their earliest, once there is any good news, we will notify you immediately. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team


Ok no problem. Thank you for the reply.

best regards,

Arnout

john.leeuwis@emanon.nl
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:43 am

Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:05 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patience!

Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.Doc Pack Version:9.6 which fixes the issue that the number format was incorrect after mail merge.(SPIREDOC-5835 ).

Please download the fix version from the following links to test.

Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Doc/9.6.0

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Marcia.Zhou
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:29 am

Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:52 am

Marcia.Zhou wrote:Hello,

Thanks for your patience!

Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.Doc Pack Version:9.6 which fixes the issue that the number format was incorrect after mail merge.(SPIREDOC-5835 ).

Please download the fix version from the following links to test.

Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Doc/9.6.0

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team


Thank you for the notification. We will start testing it and will post a confirmation whether it fixed the issue.

john.leeuwis@emanon.nl
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:43 am

Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:20 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback!

If you encounter any issues related to our product in your test, just feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Marcia.Zhou
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:29 am

Return to Spire.Doc