Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:08 pm

Hello,
As you mentioned earlier, you mimic what MS excel does. So I tried the same (what you have did in the excel application) in my machine. But I could not reproduce the issue, instead I got the expected result.

I set the language as English US and opened the excel file, I got negative values [-12,355] and comma separation [3,456] as expected.
Also I tried to export as pdf from excel application, it shows the same expected result.

Please apologize me. I have 2 points to clarify with you.

1. Does Spire API get the locale from what we set in Java code ?
2. Has this API packed with in-built excel application ?

UshaThavasiappan

Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:49 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
Please kindly note that setting the locale means that setting the locale of your OS (as show in the screenshot below) instead of setting the MS Excel’s locale or WPS’s locale.
1. Does Spire API get the locale from what we set in Java code ?
Yes, therefore, you need add code to set local to match the local of your computer.
2. Has this API packed with in-built excel application ?
No, our API is independent of any other excel application. Even if you don’t install any other excel application on your computer, our API still run normally.
If you have any issue, just feel free to contact us.

Sincerely
Abel
E-iceblue support team
Attachments
Picture1.png
Picture1.png (62.5 KiB) Viewed 245 times

Abel.He

Return to Spire.XLS