Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon May 23, 2022 3:03 am

Hi,

We are trying to export PDF to SVG with Spire.PDF 8.5.0 (.Net), with some certain documents, we got NullReferenceException.

System.NullReferenceException: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

There is no details information, so it is hard to know the cause of this exception. Please use sample PDF from this link which helps reproducing that issue. I have to put it on Google Drive since it is 4MB is could not be uploaded here.

/file/d/15epQAquw3JUDuAZpNb8Gg4Juwqacy21m/view (google drive link, since URL is not allowed in this post)

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Best regards,
Dat Hoang

dathoang

Mon May 23, 2022 9:25 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

I tested your PDF and reproduced the exception. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system with the ticket SPIREPDF-5214. We will keep you informed if there is any process about it.
Sincerely,
Andy
E-iceblue support team

Andy.Zhou

Tue May 24, 2022 2:48 am

Hi Andy,

Thank you very much for your quick response. I am really appreciate for that.

Best regards,
Dat

dathoang

Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:28 am

Andy.Zhou wrote:Hello,

I tested your PDF and reproduced the exception. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system with the ticket SPIREPDF-5214. We will keep you informed if there is any process about it.

Hi Andy,

May I have information about progress on fixing that bug? We are keen to use Spire.PDF in our system, and just need to have this fixed before buying.

Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Dat

dathoang

Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:42 am

Hi Dat,

We have resolved the issue now. It's currently in beta. It is currently in the testing phase. We will provide you with a fix as soon as it passes the test.
Sincerely,
Andy
E-iceblue support team

Andy.Zhou

Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:58 am

Andy.Zhou wrote:Hi Dat,

We have resolved the issue now. It's currently in beta. It is currently in the testing phase. We will provide you with a fix as soon as it passes the test.

Hi Andy,

That is great news. We look forward to try it. Really appreciate for your effort.

Best regards,
Dat

dathoang

Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:02 am

Hi Andy,

May I have information about release plan of that hotfix? I tried the latest version 8.7.2 yesterday and still face that exception.
Thank you very much,

Best regards,
Dat Hoang

dathoang

Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:00 am

Hi Dat,

I'm very sorry for the delay. Due to some unexpected factors, the fix for this issue was not included in the 8.7.2 release. So we've prepared a temporary version for you that includes this fix. Please download and test it.

Code: Select all
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Unh05rXrMP6aVLsi0vfTNz3lFrai6o45/view?usp=sharing
Sincerely,
Andy
E-iceblue support team

Andy.Zhou

Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:55 am

Hi Andy,

Thank you very much, that is great. I have tried the that temporary version and it works nicely and I am be able to convert the sample PDF to SVG files successfully.

I found a small issue with the output SVG, with the sample PDF

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15epQAquw3JUDuAZpNb8Gg4Juwqacy21m/view

On the last page, we have an Ads on bottom left corner, some grey texts was exported as white texts. Could you please have a look on the below image.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kTie49k8TnvzzGoeKkvN42llBTdgp2aM/view

Really appreciate for your support.
Best regards,
Dat Hoang

dathoang

Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:47 am

Hi Dat,

We'll fix it soon and let you know.
Sincerely,
Andy