Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:05 pm

Hi,

I am using spire.xls to convert a csv to save in excel format. Everything works fine in my local machine, but when i run in to server i get an error. i tried most of the given solutions in e-iceblue and stackoverflow. i tried checking if dll are in right paths and referenced, installed microsoft office in server, make sure spire.license.dll is available and many more but the problem still persists.
please look into the image to see the error i get.
I'm using spire.xls version 10.3.0 and also tried 10.3.8.
Attachments
Error.jpeg
Error.jpeg (136.43 KiB) Viewed 1560 times

avayer11

Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:50 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I tested your scenario with the latest Spire.XLS 10.3.8 but didn't reproduce your issue. Please make sure you have referenced all the dlls from the same folder. I suggest you remove all dlls related to our product in your project, and then re-add the corresponding dlls (Spire.Common.dll 10.3.8, Spire.License.dll 1.3.8, Spire.Pdf.dll 6.3.1, Spire.XLS.dll 10.3.8 ).

If the issue still occurs, please provide the following information to help us further investigate it.
1) A runnable project that could reproduce your issue.
2) Your server environment information, such as OS information (E.g. Windows Server 2012, 64bit) and Region setting (E.g. China, Chinese).
You could send them to us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:37 pm

Hi,

I tried that already. all the dll are placed in the same folder and also tried creating a new solution. i want to use it in an asp.net web application, i tried running the same code by creating a console application in visual studio and it worked perfectly in server but not working as web application.

I'm using the following environment:
Windows server 2012 R2 Datacenter server, 64-bit, region-US

avayer11

Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:56 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
Sorry I still didn't reproduce your issue on Windows Server 2012. Here I uploaded my testing project, please directly deploy it on your sever and then let us know your testing result.
If your project is different from mine, please share a runnable project with us. Then we will do further investigation.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:38 pm

Hi,

I tried your solution and its working fine in server. I'm using a sharepoint 2013 visual web part solution. i tried referring all the dll properly but the issue still occurs.
im not able to upload my solution. compressed file size is 200MB. How can i share the solution?

avayer11

Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:34 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
When working on a SharePoint project, please firstly try to install all the dlls of Spire.XLS to Global Assembly Cache.
If the issue still troubles you after trying, please upload your project to the DropBox or OneDrive and share the download link with us. Then we will do further investigation. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:10 am

Hello,

Hope you are doing well.
Has your issue been resolved? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Return to Spire.XLS