Spire.Barcode is a professional barcode library specially designed for .NET developers (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core) and Java developers (J2SE and J2EE) to generate, read and scan 1D & 2D barcodes.

Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:41 pm

I thought I would experiment a little with reading QR codes, so started a new .NET project and installed, via NuGet, FreeSpire.Barcode version 6.6.0. When I attempt to decode a barcode (be it a QR code, or an 1D barcode), I get the error message "Not supported in Spire.Barcode Evaluation version".

Did I download or otherwise get the wrong library? I was attempting to install the "Free Spire.PDF for .NET" edition.

rrosenheim

Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:50 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Kindly note that free version only supports some barcodes. This message prompts that the barcode type you are scanning is not supported. I recommend that you use our commercial edition, it is more powerful and supports more barcode types, we are willing to provide you with a temporary license (one month free) to remove the scanning and warning restrictions. If you need, just let us know.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:23 pm

Thank you for the reply, and the offer of a 30-day trial version.

As I mentioned in my post, I was just experimenting around with a concept. If anything even becomes of it, it wouldn't be until next winter. In the meantime while waiting for a response, I did give XZing.NET a try and it does allow me to know that I can read/decode QR Codes from photographs.

Thanks again,

Richard

rrosenheim

Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:05 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
please visit the link to apply for temporary license: https://www.e-iceblue.com/TemLicense.html
If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Return to Spire.BarCode