Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed May 18, 2022 3:10 pm

Hi, i downloaded the PRO Edition trial of Spire.Office and Spire.XLS for .NET and neither of them have the assemblies for .NET framework 3.5.
They have for:
net2.0
net4.0
net4.0 ClientProfile
net4.6
net5.0
net6.0
netcoreapp2.0
netcoreapp3.0
netstandard2.0
wpf4.0
wpf4.0 client profile
xamarin.ios

I cannot change my current version of the framework so it was not an option. I tried to use NET2.0 and NET4.0 assemblies to (predictable) no avail. Has someone faced this issue before? Is not supported 3.5 version?

Regards.

crpn81

Thu May 19, 2022 9:37 am

Hi,

Please note that the .NET Framework version is backward compatible with the .NET Dll we provide, your .NET framework version is 3.5, you can only use the dll from the NET2.0 folder. It is not allowed to the NET4.0 or higher versions. As for the "out of memory exception" when using the dll of NET2.0, if you were not using the latest Spire.Office (Spire.Office Platinum(Hotfix) Version:7.4.10), please download it to try again. If the problem still exists, please provide the information below to help us better investigate your issue. You can attach your document here or send it to us via email. Thank you in advance.
1)Test Excel document and code,
2)Test environment, such as win10 64bit 16GB
3)Platform target of your project (X86 or X64)

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Thu May 19, 2022 3:44 pm

Hi Kylie, thank you for your response and assistance.

I did what you recommend. I downloaded the hot fix and replaced the dll files in "c:\program files\e-iceblue\Spire.Office\bin\NET2.0" from the original installation with the ones in the hot fix (only for NET2.0). I added the reference in my solution and tested, but unfortunately i am facing the same issue: "System.OutOfMemoryException" in the line "workbook.LoadFromFile(<my file>)".

Test Environment: Win 10 64bit - RAM 32GB - intel core i7

I will attach you the excel file that for testing purposes i am trying to convert. Also here is my code:

Code: Select all
using SPIRE = Spire.Xls;

private void button3_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
        string file = @"C:\ApplicationsSource\DCM\documents\menu.xlsx";  //THE FILE PATH I WANT TO TEST.
        string folderSave = @"C:\ApplicationsSource\DCM\documents\spire"; //THE FOLDER WHERE I WANT TO SAVE THE CONVERTED FILE
        using (SPIRE.Workbook workbook = new Spire.Xls.Workbook())
        {
             workbook.LoadFromFile(file);         //<------------------------------------HERE I GET THE EXCEPTION
             workbook.ConverterSetting.SheetFitToPage = true;
             workbook.SaveToFile(folderSave + @"\menu.pdf", SPIRE.FileFormat.PDF);
        }
}

Regards.
Attachments
menu.zip
(288.74 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

crpn81

Fri May 20, 2022 8:48 am

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
I did a test with the same enviorment as yours, but still didn't encounter the "outofmemoey" issue. Here I attached my testing demo for your reference. Please have a check.
https://www.e-iceblue.com/downloads/demo/29517Test.zip

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:55 am

Hi,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
Has your problem been effectively solved now? Could you please give us some feedback at your convenience? Thanks in advance.

Sinecrely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Return to Spire.XLS