Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:17 am

Need license for FeeSpire.XLS, how much time period it is free. i need this for password protection for excel only

nitin.chambhare

Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:09 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
The free version does not require a license, and it is a forever free product for commercial and personal use.
In addition, Free version is limited to 5 sheets per workbook and 200 rows per sheet. This limitation is enforced during reading or writing XLS or PDF files. When converting Excel files to other formats, such as PDF/XPS/Images, you can only get the first 3 pages of PDF/XPS/Images. If your document exceeds the limitation, you can evaluate our commercial version from the following links for the latest version of Spire.Xls. We are willing to provide a temporary license (one month free) to help you remove the warning message. If you need it, you can contact our sales team (sales@e-iceblue.com).

Download links:
1) Spire.Xls 12.8.1 for .Net
2) Spire.Xls 12.8.4 for Java

Sincerely
Abel
E-iceblue support team

Abel.He

Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:31 am

Hi, thank you for your replay. can i add password protection programmatically to existing excel using this. is any limit on this. Those excels are created using Microsoft Excel. so it will work on them. or it required license after certain time period for FeeSpire.XLS. please help me on this

nitin.chambhare

Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:48 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
Our FreeSpire.Pdf is free forever and doesn't require license. You can add password protection programmatically to existing excel fils without any limiation using FreeSpire.Xls. And I put the code below for your reference. In addition, what programming languages do you use? If you have any issue, just feel free to contact us.

c#:
Code: Select all
/Create a workbook
            Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

//Load the document from disk
            workbook.LoadFromFile(@"..\..\data\AccessCell.xlsx");

//Protect Workbook
            workbook.Protect("e-iceblue");

//Save the document
            string output = @"..\..\data\ProtectWorkbook.xlsx";
            workbook.SaveToFile(output, ExcelVersion.Version2013);

Java: