Spire.Barcode is a professional barcode library specially designed for .NET developers (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core) and Java developers (J2SE and J2EE) to generate, read and scan 1D & 2D barcodes.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:25 pm

Good day,
I have a customer producing proof of delivery documents with a Micro QR barcode. I have uploaded a JPEG with the sample of the Micro QR code that the customer is using. If I generate a standard QR code for the same value I can get the barcode.
I look forward to your response
Grant

g.notles1

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:40 am

Hello,

Thanks for your post.
Do you want to create a Micro QR code? I tested the following code but found that the generated barcode is not a Micro QR code, please see the attached image. This issue has been posted to our Dev team with the ticket SPIREBARCODE-150 for further investigation. If there is any update, we will let you know.
Code: Select all
            BarcodeSettings settings = new BarcodeSettings();
            settings.Type = BarCodeType.MicroQR;

settings.Data = "GW086112";
            settings.Data2D = "GW086112";

BarCodeGenerator generator = new BarCodeGenerator(settings);
            Image image = generator.GenerateImage();
            image.Save("MicroQRCode.jpg");

Or if there is any misunderstanding, please describe your issue in more detail to help us investigate further.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:02 am

Hello Rachel,
I didn't describe my problem correctly.

My customer is using their own barcode printing software on an invoice as a proof of delivery document. The printing software is using something to generate a Micro QR Code barcode. When the driver returns from a delivery with a signed POD document, it is placed on a scanner and scanned to a folder as a PDF document. My software picks up the PDF, converts it to an image and then uses your software to scan the image for a barcode to get the invoice number. Your software returns an empty string from the image which I understand indicates that the barcode could not be found.

I don't want to look for an alternative solution as this software is already working for a range of 1D and standard 2D QR Code barcodes. If you can let me know if and when I can get a solution to read the Micro QR Code barcodes I will definitely consider buying your software.

Regards
Grant

g.notles1

Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:39 am

Hello,

Thanks for your response.
Kindly note that Micro QR Code is not supported in Spire.Barcode Evaluation version, it requires a valid license to scan such barcodes. And I tested your image with the latest Spire.BarCode(Hot Fix) Version:4.5.1 and found it could return the correct value, as shown below.

Scan_result.png

To help you better evaluate our Spire.Barcode, we just sent you temporary (one month free) license to you via email. Please refer to this tutorial (How to Apply the License by license key) to apply your license. If there is still any question, please tell us your OS information (E.g. Windows 7, 64 bit) and regional settings (E.g. Chinese, Chinese) for further investigation.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:10 pm

Thank you Rachel,
Using your code I too can see the MicroQR value on all the documents I scanned.
Much appreciated
Regards
Grant

g.notles1

Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:08 am

Hello,

Glad to hear that!
If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Return to Spire.BarCode