Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri May 06, 2022 6:32 am

Just crashes on pdf loading

Code: Select all

System.NullReferenceException: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

at Spire.Pdf.Widget.PdfPageCollection.ᜁ(sprន A_0)
   at Spire.Pdf.Widget.PdfPageCollection.ᜀ(Int32 A_0)
   at Spire.Pdf.Widget.PdfPageCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Spire.Pdf.PdfDocument.ᜂ()
   at Spire.Pdf.PdfDocument..ctor(Stream stream)

using simple loading from stream

Code: Select all
inputDocument = new PdfDocument(stream);

vozmen

Fri May 06, 2022 10:37 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I tried to load the file you provided and did not encounter any exception. Please try to upgrade Spire.Pdf to the lastest version v8.5.0 and test again.

Nuget link:https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Pdf/8.5.0
Sincerely,
Andy
E-iceblue support team

Andy.Zhou

Sat May 07, 2022 7:08 am

I use free spire pdf and the latest 8.2.0 version

vozmen

Sat May 07, 2022 8:41 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
The error did exist when using free spire pdf 8.2.0. Sorry that we only upgrade our free version irregularly. Thus, please upgrade to use our latest commercial version( Spire.Pdf 8.5.0). We are willing to provide a temporary license(one month free) to help you remove the warning message and evaluate our commercial version better. If you need it, please contact our sales team(sales@e-iceblue.com) to get it.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:58 pm

Same issue on FreeSpire.PDF
I used last version - 8.6.0

I found version where it's works for me - 5.4.0, you should take a look why it doesn't works on new one

gladluter

Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:24 am

Hello gladluter,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
Please be advised that we provide maintenance for the free version on an irregular basis. In light of the issues you encountered with the latest free version, I recommend that you try testing with the latest commercial version (Spire.PDF Pack (Hot Fix) Version: 10.2.2) to see if the problem persists. We focus our efforts on resolving issues specifically in the commercial version.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Return to Spire.PDF