Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:02 pm

Hello, when executing LoadFromFile we are experience an Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Code:
Document documentOrg = new Document();
documentOrg.LoadFromFile(docXProposalOrgFileDocument, FileFormat.Docx2010);

Spire.Doc version: 10.11.0
.Net Framework: 4.8
IIS 10, Windows Server 2019

I have tried updating to Spire.Doc 11.2.3.0 and received the same error. I've also tried FileFormat.Docx and FileFormat.Docx2013 and received the same error.

Attached is the original document which comes from another source system. I do notice the source document is in Compatibility mode. When I physically open the Word document, convert it, it does load successfully. We don't have a method to automatically convert out of Compatibility mode. Since the error comes from Spire.Doc software, I can't determine if it's a specific table or group of data in the document that is causing the issue.

Exception Details:

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Spire.Doc.Table.췷(Table A_0, Int32 A_1, ArrayList A_2, ArrayList A_3)
at Spire.Doc.Table.캔(Table A_0)
at spr䑗.캔(spr愪 A_0)
at spr䌝.캔(spr愪 A_0)
at spr㛙.췷(Document A_0)
at spr㘼.켱()
at spr㛙.큫()
at spr㱞.켱()
at spr㱞.췷(String A_0, Document A_1, spr紂 A_2)
at Spire.Doc.Document.ᳩ(String A_0)
at Spire.Doc.Document.LoadFromFile(String fileName, FileFormat fileFormat, String password)

tholland

Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:10 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
I tested your document and reproduced this issue. I have logged it into our issue tracking system with the ticket number SPIREDOC-9120, our developers will investigate and fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience cased. Once the issue is fixed, I will inform you asap.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:00 pm

Thank You. I'll wait for your response.

tholland

Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:17 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
You're welcome! Please let me know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:25 pm

Hello, is there any update on this issue?

tholland

Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:44 am

Hi,

Thanks for your following-up.
I have checked the status of your issue, it has not been solved yet, I have urged our developers to speed up fixing this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience caused, once the issue is fixed, I will inform you asap. Thanks for your patience and understanding during this process.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Tue May 23, 2023 8:36 pm

Hello, is there any update on this issue? I believe it has to do with the document being in compatibility mode. If the developers can debug the LoadFromFile library and tell me exactly which section or text in the original document is failing, maybe we can make adjustments on our end until a fix is released.

tholland

Wed May 24, 2023 2:19 am

Hi,

Thanks for your following-up.
This issue has not been solved yet, our developers conducted a preliminary investigation and found that this issue was caused by the table on page nine, see attached screenshot for reference.
issue.png

In addition, I have given the issue the highest priority, please rest assured that we are working on resolving this problem as soon as possible. Once the issue is fixed, I will inform you asap. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:49 pm

Thank you for your response. We'll continue to wait on a fix.

tholland

Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:05 am

Hi,

After investigating the matter, our developers found that the problem is related to parsing and merging tables in the document.
I have consulted with our dev team, they are currently working on overall refactoring of table parsing, it involves many related issues. This may require significant code adjustments, which could take some time to complete.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this issue. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:23 pm

Thank You for the update. I'll keep checking back if a resolution from your development team is ready.

tholland

Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:37 am

Hi,

Thanks for your understanding. Once there is any good news, I will keep you updated.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:56 pm

Hello, just checking if there is any updates on this issue.

tholland

Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:42 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your follow-up.
Regarding the issue SPIREDOC-9120, I have checked our system records and it is currently not completely resolved. Due to our Mid Autumn Festival and National Day holidays from September 29th to October 6th, I will urge the development team to resolve the issue as soon as possible after returning to the office on October 7th. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely
Abel
E-iceblue support team

Abel.He

Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:03 pm

Hello, following up on this issue to see if there has been any recent fixes/releases. Thanks!

tholland

Return to Spire.Doc