Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:49 pm

Hello,

I am using Spire.XLS to convert Excel files to PDF and IMG formats. My Excel document consists of a single line chart on 1 worksheet and a data table on a 2nd worksheet. The line chart is created by referencing the data in the data table. Everything works great when the data in the table is continuous but this isn't always the case. Sometimes I will have empty values for a given month on the line chart. Excel renders this correctly and will show a gap in the chart whenever blanks are encountered but when I render the Excel to PDF or IMG the gap in the chart is replaced by a line connecting the points. When creating the chart I am setting the "DisplayBlankAs" property to Not Plotted but the PDF and IMG don't seem to be obeying it. I noticed that there are 2 other eunms in the Spire.Xls class that might deal with this but I can't figure out where they get used. Those enums are:

ChartPlotEmpty2007
XLSXChartPlotEmpty

Should I be setting something with one of those to get this working or is this a bug in the IMG and PDF exporting? See below for example.

Correct (In Excel):
From Excel (Correct).png
From Exel - Correct
From Excel (Correct).png (8.27 KiB) Viewed 1525 times

Incorrect (In PDF)
From PDF (Incorrect).png
From PDF - Incorrect
From PDF (Incorrect).png (14.12 KiB) Viewed 1525 times

Thanks very much.
Jason
Attachments
Chart.zip
Sample Excel
(11.86 KiB) Downloaded 176 times

jason.tillman

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:47 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. This is Amber from E-iceblue support team.
I have reproduced your issue and logged it into our bug tracking system. Once there is any progress, we will inform you.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best wishes,
Amber
E-iceblue support team

Amber.Gu

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:03 am

Hi,

Thanks for your patient waiting.
Glad to tell you that the previous issue has been resolved in Spire.XLS Pack(Hotfix) Version:9.9.5. Welcome to download and test it from the following links.
Our website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-excel-for-net-now.html
NuGet link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.XLS/9.9.5

Best wishes,
Amber
E-iceblue support team

Amber.Gu

Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:05 am

Hi,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
Have you downloaded and tried Spire.XLS Pack(Hotfix) Version:9.9.5? Does it solve your issue?
Could you please give us some feedback at you convenience?

Best wishes,
Amber
E-iceblue support team

Amber.Gu

Return to Spire.XLS