Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu May 26, 2022 11:19 am

I just purchased on-line the Spire.XLS version 12.1.7.5040 product for my development machine.
You sent me the xml license file

I am trying to use this on my web site (developer machine) using asp.net/vb.net.

I have tried just putting the license file in the bin directory where the Spire.xls.dll is. And when I attempt to create a spreadsheet with 8 tabs, it gives me 5 tabs and the Evaluation tab.
I then tried putting the Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseKey)() in the Global.asax, application start routine and copied the entire node of the License key from the file and
put it inside the bracket in quotes. The same issue happened,

I then just tried putting in the action web page/method that calls it and used the stream method as follows:
(The directory under the web site tht I write files to, so it is not a permissions issue of access.)
Dim oStream As Stream = File.OpenRead(HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("FaxReports") & "\" & "license.elic.xml")
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseFileStream(oStream)
The same issue happened,

I then tried putting the following code in the routine that calls the dll to create an excel spreadsheet: The code is:
Dim licenseFile As New FileInfo(HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("FaxReports") & "\" & "license.elic.xml")
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseFile(licenseFile)
The same issue happened,

It still gives me the evaluation tab and only 5 actual tabs.

What should I do?

I am using Windows 7 Pro 64 and Microisoft Visual Studio 2019, asp.net/vb.net code base

davidacohens

Fri May 27, 2022 2:36 am

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.
We have received your email, and my sales colleague has given you a reply. Please have a check. If there is any other question, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Return to Spire.XLS