Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:52 am

Hello,
as the title of the topic suggests, im trying to add new rows to a table.
I managed to identify the table in this way:
Code: Select all
dim t as Table = document.Bookmarks("something").BookmarkEnd.Owner.Owner.Owner.Owner

Is there a more elegant way to do it? I tried to do it with t.TableDescription or t.Title, but it didn't seem to work.
Anyway...
I already have a table header, and a first row inserted. So now i want to add new rows. I do it this way:
Dim row As Spire.Doc.TableRow = t.LastRow.Clone
t.Rows.Add(row)

So now i have a new row, where i can insert text values in it's cells. The problem is, that the cloned row doesn't keep it's font style, the new row will have allways Arial 10 or something. So i have to set it manually for each row:
Dim txtRange As Spire.Doc.Fields.TextRange = t.LastRow.Cells(0).Paragraphs(0).AppendText(value1)
txtRange.CharacterFormat.FontName = "Tahoma"
txtRange.CharacterFormat.FontSize = 10

Is there a way so that i can add new rows, and the font style to remain the same?

Thank you very much.

catalin

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:19 am

Hi catalin,

Thanks for evaluating Spire.Doc.

As the issue you reported, we have created a research on it, but we need some more time to fix it. I can not provide you any reliable estimate regarding it's complexity. However, you will be surely informed once we fix it.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Have a nice day.
-----------------------------------------------------
Amy.Zhao
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:14 am

Hi, catalin

About your problem, I have written a demo and attched here. You can refer to it. If you still have any problems, please contact me!

amy.zhao

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:13 am

Well, got it, still my first question remained unanswered.

I have a word document template, and inside 3 tables. I put a bookmark into a table, "something".

The question is, is there another way to identify my table, other than: document.Bookmarks(bookmark).BookmarkEnd.Owner.Owner.Owner.Owner ?
Thank you.

catalin

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:57 am

Hi, catalin

Thanks for your feedback and so sorry for the inconvenience caused by us.
About your problem, we will send you a demo as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Have a nice day.
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Amy
e-iceblue support

welcome to contact us!
amy.zhao@e-iceblue.com
support@e-iceblue.com

amy.zhao

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:27 am

Hi, catalin

Thanks for your patience.
About your problem, we have done a lot of research. So sorry that there is no other ways to identify the table in Spire.Doc.

Have a gerat day!

.....................................................................................................................................................................
Amy
e-iceblue support

welcome to contact us!
amy.zhao@e-iceblue.com
support@e-iceblue.com

amy.zhao

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:33 am

Ok, thank you very much for your research & support. After all, my method is not so bad :)

catalin

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:48 am

Hi, catalin

You are welcome! :lol:
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Amy
e-iceblue support

welcome to contact us!
amy.zhao@e-iceblue.com
support@e-iceblue.com

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.Doc