Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:02 pm

Hello,
we are evaluating the trial version of your product
and it's super cool !!
i'm writing to you also to report some issue we have interacting with some pdf:
inside "bando.pdf":
    1) looping through the form fields we can access only 110 fields instead of 135,
    (for example: under the first radiobutton field named "Casella di controllo 1_7" it should be a textbox field called "Campo di testo 1_7") but this field does not exist in the collection
    2) not sure why or if i'm missing something but these checkboxes and radio buttons are not checkable programmatically

inside "release_6_2.pdf":
    1) while in Acrobat Reader when you select a value from a PdfChoiceWidgetFieldWidget("FIRMATARIO1_PROVINCIA") the dependent control (another PdfChoiceWidgetFieldWidget called "FIRMATARIO1_COMUNE") populate its values,
    using your library the second PdfChoiceWidgetFieldWidget stays empty, like no event is being raised from the first control.

Of course could be the case that i missed something trivial.
Thanks for your support and for your great work

I've developed a simple project in order to test these issues so feel free to use it if can help in troubleshooting.
Best !

Denis.novatronica

Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:38 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Regarding your first issue, I noticed that the number of fields obtained by our Spire.PDF is different from the number obtained in Adobe Acrobat. I have posted it to our Dev team and they will do further investigation. And please tell us your Adobe version to help us investigate further.
Regarding the second issue, I did reproduce it and I have logged it in our bug tracking system with the ticket SPIREPDF-4571. If there is any update, we will let you know. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team

Brian.Li

Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:17 am

Hello Brian,
I'm back from hollyday,

I've tried to get and fill the fields with various products and GUI programs (Foxit, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Xodo) all works (they can access all the textboxes).
We tried also APDF library and with that we found 135 fields, but we had issues exporting and then importing values with its form plugin.
(while APDF library can see fields it cannot edit them, the only way it can seems to be a) export to file and b) import from file... which is awkward, compared to your great idea of looping the fields, get the correct widget and set the value from there).

Thanks for your support

Denis.novatronica

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:00 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
And Our Dev team is still investigating the issue SPIREPDF-4571. We will notify you as soon as there is any update.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-icelbue support team

Brian.Li

Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:31 am

Hi Brian,
Are there any news ?
Just to reply something to our customer.

Many Thanks

Denis.novatronica

Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:31 am

Hello,

Thanks for your follow up.
I am sorry that there is no significant progress on your two issues due to their complexity. I have urged our Dev team. Please spare us more time. If there is any update, we will notify you. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team

Brian.Li

Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:57 am

Hi,

we have a curious problem, when we flatten all form fields in a pdf.
If i not set flatten = true by the cekckboxes and text boxes, everthing is fine:

spire1_not_flatted.png

now i set flatten = true by all PdfField.
If i only fill out the checkboxes and not the text fields, everthing is fine:

spire2_flatted_no_text_in_textboxes.png

But if i enter some text in a text box field (PdfTextBoxFieldWidget), then the checkmarks have the color from the Backbround of the text input fields:

spire3_4.PNG

When i change the background color of the text field to black, then the color of the checkmarks also black, but then the text inputs background is black.
textBox.BackColor = new PdfRGBColor(Color.Black);

spire3_4.PNG

If i changes the colors oft the PdfCheckBoxWidgetFieldWidget, it has no impact of the result
checkBox.BackColor = new PdfRGBColor(Color.Black);
checkBox.BorderColor = new PdfRGBColor(Color.Black);

DId you have any idea how can i flat all fields and also have black checkmarks?

falk.mueller

Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:37 am

Hello falk,

I simulated a PDF file and tested your case with our latest Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:7.10.4, but didn't reproduce your issue. If you were using an old version, I suggest you try again with this latest one. If your issue still exists after trying, please share us with your input testing PDF to help further look into it. You can upload it here or send it to us via email(support@e-iceblue.com).

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:50 am

Hello falk,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
Did the latest version work for you? Thanks in advance for your feedback and time.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:50 pm

Hello,
Any news about the main topic ?
Thanks

Denis.novatronica

Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:19 am

Hello Denis.novatronica,

Thank you for contacting.
Sorry your issue is not resolved yet. Our Dev team is still working on it. Please spare us more time. If there is any good news, we will let you know at once. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Return to Spire.PDF