Spire.Barcode is a professional barcode library specially designed for .NET developers (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core) and Java developers (J2SE and J2EE) to generate, read and scan 1D & 2D barcodes.

Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:40 am

Dear Team,

I have a license of the spire barcode component which I also renewed at the beginning of the year

When I get the latest version of the nugget package for the component I am receiving the below error: "an exception. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Spire.License, Version=1.3.8.46, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1144360237c8b3f' or one of its dependencies". But if I revert back to the older version it works fine.

Please advise

Below is the part of the license
<Type>Runtime</Type>
<Username>Panayiotis Panayiotou</Username>
<Email>panayiotis@dotcy.com.cy</Email>
<Organization>DOTCY DMCC</Organization>
<LicensedDate>2021-01-16T00:00:00Z</LicensedDate>
<ExpiredDate>2022-01-16T00:00:00Z</ExpiredDate>

panayiotis@dotcy.com.cy

Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:23 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry!

Please refer to the following steps to install the Spire.Barcode again.

1) Remove all the references about Spire in the project references.
step1.png

2) Uninstall the Spire.Barcode package from NuGet package manager.
step2.png

3) Clean up your project.
step3.png

4) Re-install the Spire.Barcode from Nuget.

If the issue still exists after trying the above operations, please provide us with your whole project for reference. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:55 am

Thanks for the reply,

Followed all the steps you mentioned (adjusted of' course for package project source) and I am still getting the same error.

I checked in the bin folder as you can see the version of the lib library is not the one your component is checking for (see "Bin Folder Lib Versions" image).

Your main DLL is looking for version 1.3.8.46 (see the error message) whereas your license library DLL version in the folder is 13.8.40.

panayiotis@dotcy.com.cy

Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:40 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback!

First, our Spire.Barcode dlls have some slightly differences for the different target frameworks, such as the following screenshot shows. In your screenshot, I found that you were using the Spire.Barcode.dll for NET4.6 and the Spire.License.dll for NET4.0, this will cause the version conflict.
compare.png

Here, I also attached a runnable program for your reference, please open the .sln and Restore Nuget Packages, then you can run it on your side.
UseSpireBarcode.zip

What’s more, you can also download the latest Spire.BarCode(Hot Fix) Version:5.1.4, and then refer to the following steps to add the references based on your target framework manually.
step.png

Besides, if you were using two or more of our products in one project, this can also cause the conflict error. And using our Spire.Office package can resolve this error.

If you have any other questions, just feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Return to Spire.BarCode