Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:06 pm

Hi Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your help regarding an issue that I am facing while converting a PDF file to HTML using Spire.PDF on a Linux server.
The problem that I am encountering is that the converted HTML file does not appear to be converting as expected. Specifically, the bold fonts in the PDF file are being converted to normal fonts in the HTML file.
I have attached the both pdf and html files in question for your reference. I would be grateful if someone could provide me with some guidance on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Thanks!
Arun.

ceipalAdmin

Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:06 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
After testing, I have reproduced your issue and logged it into our issue tracking system with the ticket number SPIREPDF-5900, our developers will investigate and fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Once the issue is fixed, I will inform you asap.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:11 pm

Hi Team,

Any update on this issue?

Thanks!
Arun

ceipalAdmin

Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:25 am

Hello,

Thank you for your follow-up.
We are on Chinese Tomb-Sweeping Day holiday today. I will check the resolution status of the problem and provide feedback to you when I return to the office tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:19 am

Hi,

Thanks for your following-up.
After investigating, our developers found that some text was not bolded due to the font is not installed on Linux. As a result, the Calibri font was used as a substitute.
When checking the font information using Adobe, it appeared that ArialBold was embedded, but it was not actually embedded in the document.
we recommend that you copy the ArialBold font file to your Linux system and install it. Once installed, please test the conversion process again to see if the issue has been resolved.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Return to Spire.PDF