Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:28 am

Hi Team,
I'm working on a POC to convert
1. from DOCX file to 2 column DOCX
2. from 2 Col Docx file to PDF.

I'm able to get the desired result converting DOCX to 2 col DOC using SPIRE.DOC libraries.
However, issue is converting the 2 COL DOCX to PDF - The result is not accurate.

Please note: Issue is with DOCX converting to 2 col using Spire.Doc libraries and then to PDF.
The DOCX already has 2 columns if converted to PDF using Spire.Doc PDF conversion directly- Result is 100% good.

Are you able to help me please urgently.

Regards
Kishore

krkishore2003

Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:21 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I have reproduced your issue and logged it into our bug tracking system with the ticket SPIREDOC-3865. If there is any progress, I will let you know. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:16 am

rachel.lei wrote:Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I have reproduced your issue and logged it into our bug tracking system with the ticket SPIREDOC-3865. If there is any progress, I will let you know. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

Thanks Rachel.
A couple of more issues from my test.
Issue #1 : Converting a 2 column docx to HTML does not really work means HTML conversion done as if 1 column but not 2 column.
Issue #2 : HTML to PDF conversion is not 100% clear. I can see the the page/test is little blurred and text not clearly visible.
Are you able to help me with this please.
Regards
Kishore

krkishore2003

Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:26 am

Hello,

Thanks for your contacting. Below is my reply to your issues.
Issue #1: Our Spire.Doc is based on Microsoft Word, and even using Microsoft Word to convert a 2 column Word file to HTML, the generated HTML is also only one column. You could verify it on your side.
Issue #2: In addition to the method you used to convert HTML to PDF, we also provide another converting method (Convert HTML to PDF with New Plugin). I suggest you try it with this way since it performs better. The attachment is my output with the Plugin method. Any other questions, just feel free to write back.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:50 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patient waiting.
Glad to tell you that the issue SPIREDOC-3865 has been fixed. Welcome to download the newly released Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:8.4.10 from the following links.
Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Doc/8.4.10

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Wed May 06, 2020 5:51 am

Hello,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
Have you tested the hotfix? Does it resolve your issue?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Return to Spire.Doc