Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:36 am

Hello,

We are using Spire.doc to generate a word document. We are facing issue that TOC IS not showing proper Page Number. TOC is not updating proper.
client has licence version of spire.doc and complaining about this issue.

Please Advice on this ASAP.

niralihvora

Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:05 am

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply as weekend.

To help us reproduce your issue and solve it, please provide your Word file whose TOC cannot be updated correctly. You could send it to us (support@e-iceblue.com) via email.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:34 am

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your file via email.
I tested your file with the latest Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:9.3.6 but found that the page numbers were correct after updating the TOC. If you are using an older version, please try again with the latest version.

If the issue still occurs after trying, to help us investigate further, please provide your project target framework version (e.g. .NET Framework 4.5), your OS information (e.g. Win7 64bit) and region settings (e.g. China, Chinese). Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:54 am

Any Luck?

niralihvora

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:39 am

Hello,

Thanks for your follow up.
I just checked the status of your issue but found that it hasn't been resolved yet. I have urged our Dev team to speed up the fixing. We will inform you as soon as there is any update.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:34 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.
Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:9.4.18 which fixes the issue SPIREDOC-5769. Welcome to download it from the following links.
Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Doc/9.4.18

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:25 am

Any Luck on this?

niralihvora

Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:43 am

Hello,

Thanks for following up.
The issue SPIREDOC-5769 has been resolved in Spire.Doc Pack (hot fix) Version: 9.4.18, as my colleague informed you in a previous post. Please use Spire.Doc Version: 9.4.18 or later in your project to verify that your issue is resolved.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Thu May 11, 2023 9:52 am

We have License version of spire.doc. We are using 8.1.4.4020 version. To use this version " Spire.Doc Pack (hot fix) Version: 9.4.18" version what should we do. Should we need to buy license again?

niralihvora

Fri May 12, 2023 1:16 am

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
After investigation, your license for Spire.Doc is valid for "Spire.Doc Pack (hot fix) Version: 9.4.18". You can directly upgrade Spire.Doc to version 9.4.18.
If you have other questions about using our products in the future, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:51 pm

We have tried below both of the latest version to solve the issue of TOC.

1. Version:11.7 - It has not solved the TOC issue at our end.
2. 11.6.1 and 11.7 - it gives us below message and asking for licence.

Warning: (spire.doc eval version is limited to 500 paragraphs.please apply your license to remove the warning.)

We already have license.

It is too long issue for us, client is asking for the solution.

Waiting for your positive feedback.

niralihvora

Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:15 am

Hello,

After testing, I have confirmed that the latest version (Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version: 11.7.15) does indeed have an issue with incorrect updating of the table of contents. I have logged the issue into our bug tracking system with the ticket number SPIREDOC-9661. Our development team will investigate and fix it. Once it is resolved, I will inform you in time. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
However, after conducting a detailed test, I discovered that this problem has been resolved from version 9.4.18 to 10.4.5. As a temporary workaround, you can try using one of these versions for testing purposes.
Additionally, according to the information I have obtained from my query, your license expired on February 12, 2022. Therefore, your current license does not apply to Version: 11.7 and is no longer valid.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:30 am

Hello,

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Regarding issue SPIREDOC-9661, our developers would like to confirm the following three points with you during their investigation:
1. Please provide the version of Microsoft Office you have installed and are using.
2. Please provide a screenshot of the 15th page of the document "CO-18626-testpeo.docx" (as shown in Attachment 1.png).
3. Please provide a screenshot of the paragraph settings of any paragraph in the document "CO-18626-testpeo.docx" (as shown in Attachment 2.png).
The purpose of this confirmation is to check if there are any differences between the Microsoft Office installations in China and abroad. You could attach them here or send them to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:18 am

Hello,

I just wanted to confirm that as we confirmed above that version 11.7 does indeed have an issue with incorrect updating of the table of contents.

We have used 10.7 version and we have worked around like first we generate a word, then open that word file. update the TOC using below code and save again.

Document document = new Document(strSaveFilePathWord_Temp);
document.UpdateTableOfContents();
document.SaveToFile(strSaveFilePathWord, Spire.Doc.FileFormat.Docx);

niralihvora

Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:54 am

Hello,

Yes, there is indeed an issue with incorrect directory updates in version 11.7. Due to significant changes made to the underlying code of our product, it's possible for previously fixed issues to resurface. Our development team is currently investigating and working on resolving this problem. I am also urging them to address it as soon as possible. Once this issue is resolved, we will provide you with a usable fix version promptly. Sorry for the inconvenience caused again.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Return to Spire.Doc