Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:57 am

I faced a problem while testing in my POC with the sprie.xls jar for verification of signed excel file
that the jar now in verify the excel file with the function of validation always response with (False)
inspite of I used this jar before with the same signed files the response was (true)
what is the issue of those Reponses ?
ahmed refaat
software engineer

engarefaat

Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:13 am

Hello Ahmed,

Thanks for your inquiry!

I simulated a signed Excel document, and use workbook.isDigitallySigned() to verify it with the latest Spire.Xls for java 4.12.2, but did not reproduce your issue. If you were not using the latest version, I just recommend that you can try it first.

If the issue still exists after using the latest version, please provide us with your input files for further investigate, you can send it to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:55 am

Okay and the response of your code with boolean signature = wb.isDigitallySigned(); is return true if the file is signed
but I mean the another validation of integrity of signature with this code can you test it please and thanks

IDigitalSignatures signatures = wb.getDigitalSignatures();

System.out.println( wb.getVersion());

for(IDigitalSignature digitalSignature :(Iterable<IDigitalSignature>)signatures){
//System.out.println(digitalSignature.getX509Certificate().getPublicKey().toString());
System.out.println(digitalSignature.isValid());
System.out.println(digitalSignature.getSignTime());

//System.out.println(digitalSignature.getX509Certificate());
}

engarefaat

Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:30 am

Hello Ahmed,

Thanks for sharing more information! And I also received the file you send to my colleague Amy via email.

I have reproduced your issue and logged it in our issue tracking system with the ticket SPIREXLS-3642 for further investigation.

We will let you know if there is any update. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:12 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patience!
Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.XLS for Java Version:5.3.1 which fixes the issue of SPIREXLS-3642. Welcome to test it.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Return to Spire.XLS