Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon May 20, 2013 12:21 pm

Hello,
I'm testing your component in my work scenario and need some help.
We have a tool that creates MSWord 97/2003 documents starting from a HTML template. HTML is generated by saving native MSWord documents in HTML format and then doing "placeholder" replace. At the end of the process, the tool leverage OLE Automation to load the HTML source and save .doc files.
Your tool promise to be the good candidate to replace OLE Automation, but when I tried it on one of our HTML, it barely failed throwing exception on a table cell attribute. Some troubleshouting pinpointed the issue: is a cell has both
Code: Select all
 width=x
and
style='width:y'
attributes, the parser throws the exception.
So far, so good: we can survive by simply wiping out the
width=x
attribute ... but then, no table content is really printed.
So, the bottom line is: how far do spire.doc support loading and conversion of HTML files generated by MSWord ?
I can't attach the sample file because it's too large, but I can provide it for your debug via e-mail.
Thank you in advance!
Giuseppe Mazzocchi

topgraf

Tue May 21, 2013 3:59 am

Dear Giuseppe,

Thanks for your inquiry.
For HTML document, our Spire.Doc only supports well formed HTML documents at present. You can get some information about well formed HTML from this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Well-formed_element.
You also send us your document by support@e-iceblue.com to help us verify whether your HTML document is supported by our Spire.doc.
There is any issue, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Tue May 21, 2013 6:59 am

I'm sending the html document and related resources via e-mail for your evaluation.
BR

topgraf

Return to Spire.Doc