Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:32 pm

Pdf file converted as docx looks in a strange way (see Screenshot_1.png).

Code: Select all
            string file = "20220104_Spire_Pdf_Problem_2_original.pdf";
            string fileResult = "20220104_Spire_Pdf_Problem_2_result.docx";

LicenceManager.SetSpirePdf();

using (PdfDocument pdfDocument = new PdfDocument(file))
            {
                pdfDocument.SaveToFile(fileResult, Spire.Pdf.FileFormat.DOCX);
                pdfDocument.Close();
            }

Kazax_Kazax

Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:18 am

Hi,

I did an initial test and found my output Word document is the same as your output document. The strange thing is that I used Microsoft Word 2016 to open the two output documents (your and mine), they are consistent with the PDF and look different from the screenshot you provided. Here I attached a screenshot that shows the effect of on my side for your reference. Please tell us which version of Microsoft Word you are using to open Word document, and please provide your system information (Win10, 64 bit) and region setting (China, Chinese) to help us further investigate your issue.

image.png

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:28 am

Hi
I use licensed MS Office 2019 and licensed Windows 10
Region settings - Russian

Kazax_Kazax

Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:40 am

Hi,

Thank you for sharing and sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.
I opened the output document with Microsoft word 2016/2019, but still did not reproduce your problem. Please check if the font TimesNewRoman exists in your system. In addition, I suggest you try to open your output document with another computer or other version of Microsoft Word. Here I attached my test demo and result document for your reference. Please run my demo on your side and tell us your result.
Demo link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AGrTtBndmzKPnLZuphZZ8eEyoeS-kBvQ/view?usp=sharing

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:14 pm

Is it possible to embed appropriate fonts into docx to be independent of fonts presence on PC?
Such style of conversion makes it a bit senseless.

Kazax_Kazax

Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:54 am

Hi,

Please note that if the fonts themselves are embedded in the PDF document, after converting to Word, they will be embedded in Word too.
In addition, did you run my test demo? did it work well on your side? Please share your test results.

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Return to Spire.PDF