Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:11 pm

Greetings,

I am currently evaluating Spire.Doc. So far its excellent. I am using a simple 75KB .dot file as a test case. I mail merge 300 records. The file size of the file is 5MB+. When I do the same process with Word Automation, the file is a tenth of that - around 500KB.

Do you have any recommendations on how I can improve the file size generated from your software?

Thanks!

vbibawi

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:24 pm

Quick follow up guys.

I had an image in this document. When I removed the image, I got a file size that was a lot better (about the same, 500kb). Maybe there are settings that need be applied on images in side the documents?

Thanks!

vbibawi

Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:16 am

Hello vbibawi,

Sorry for any inconveniences caused by us and thank you for your patiences with our reply.
Would you please send us your file to help us to reproduce the problem?

Thanks and Regards
Tina
Technical Support/Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

Tina.Lin

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi Tina,

I just downloaded the hotfix 4.1.3, and am still getting large file sizes. I have a basic word document with a small image. The initial size of the file is 39kb. I mail merge 2000 records, which generates 2000 pages.

When I use ActiveX/Word Automation, the file size generated is 343KB.
When I use your component, the file size is 13MB+.

Could you please take a look at that for me?

Thanks!

vbibawi

Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:14 am

hello vbibawi,
Sorry for any inconveniences caused by us and thank you for your patience.
We have tried some methods to improve the file size of generated file, but failed. We are trying our best to solve this problem as soon as possible. Once we have the solution, we will contact you.
Sorry again.
Tina
Technical Support/Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

Tina.Lin

Return to Spire.Doc