Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:57 pm

Hey,

I have got a system together that can generate a Docx file perfectly, and I managed to also get the spire viewing control working.

However I was wondering if there is a control or sample of a simple WYSIWYG editor for basic editing. Not looking to reproduce Word.

But just enough that a user could make simple adjustments to the created document after generation.

Thanks in advance

Thandius

Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:36 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Do you need the desktop control or web control? Sorry we don't have any controls that can be used to edit Word documents in desktop applications. But as for web applications, the new product (Spire.Cloud.Editer) will support web-editing MS Word documents. Our Dev team is stepping up implementing it now. Once it is released, we will let you know ASAP.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team

Brian.Li

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:31 pm

I was hoping for a desktop control .net 4.8 C# forms application.

is it planned for the future after the web app is released?

I could probably look at converting to and from HTML with the spire functions and using an HTML WYSIWYG editor of some sort.

thanks!

Thandius

Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:57 am

Hello,

Thanks for your response.
Currently, we have only one desktop control product (Spire.DocViewer) that can view Word documents, and it does not support editing Word documents.

Sorry, we have no plans to develop a desktop control that supports editing Word documents at present. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support

Brian.Li

Return to Spire.Doc