Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:40 am

Hi

Spire.Doc for Java 4.11.8
I am doing conversion html -> docx -> pdf
During docx -> pdf conversion <hr> tag from html is getting lost - not rendering. Its present in docx.

It happens both on free version aswell as newest paid release 4.11.8 - order [Order No.10394]
Attaching documents from all stages.

ssoltyking

Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:15 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry!

I did reproduce the issue of “<hr>” tags from the HTML file got lost in the final PDF file after converting, but actually, the tags had already been lost during the operation of converting the HTML to Docx, and our Spire.Doc converted Docx file to PDF based on the appearance of Docx file, so there are no tags in the final PDF file. I have logged this issue in our issue tracking system with the ticket SPIREDOC-7009 for further investigation.

We will let you know if there is any update. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

In addition, if you just want to convert HTML files to PDF, we recommend that you can achieve it by using our Spire.PDF for java directly. In fact, the effect of this method is better than using Spire.Doc. Please refer to this article to have a try: Java convert HTML to PDF.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:38 am

Html is only part of the final document, docx is merged with another doc/docx documents and also can be returned as such. For that reason I need just docspire for that whole proccess.

ssoltyking

Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:44 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback!

I have noticed your situation. Once there is any progress regarding the issue SPIREDOC-7009, we will notify you immediately.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:36 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

After further investigation, we found that the “<hr>” element has different appearances in different browsers. Such as in the Firefox, this element shows just the same as the file generated by our Spire.Doc.

showInFirefox.png

Therefore, we cannot judge the standard of the “<hr>” element displayed, and sorry that we will not fix this issue. Hope you can understand.

If you encounter any issues related to our product in the future, just feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Return to Spire.Doc