Spire.Presentation is a professional PowerPoint® compatible library that enables developers to create, read, write, modify, convert and Print PowerPoint documents. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Presentation for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:52 am

Hi team,

Hope you are doing well.

I want to add custom SmartArt in PPT using code in vb.net. I have downloaded .glox file and try to add this custom smartart through Spire.Presentation but not able to do.

When i opened PPT manually. i am able to see this new custom smartart under Other section of smartrt in slide but not able to call via code like we call i.e. organization chart,list,picture organization chart etc..

I have added a snapshot of my PowerPoint slide which having all details and file name is Custom Smartart Snapshot.pdf. I highlighted the other section in yellow at the bottom and you can see two smartart there around highlighted in red area and also round the name of custom smartrt in red at right bottom.Attached your reference.

Also Attached PowerPoint which having blank slide and file name is Presentation1.pptx. please open it and then go to insert menu and click on smartart and then at the bottom you find Other section click on that and you will find two smartart object .. i want to use thin via vb code in PPT.

[i]If you won't find this other section after clicking in above step in attached PPT file then you need to add these two files in your local folder[/i] "C:\Users\user Id\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\SmartArt Graphics"
1. file first is Hier3Level.glox
2. second file is MSDNExample.glox

I have also attached these two files so copy this and paste in above mentioned folder then will find these custom smartart in your power-point under other section of Smartart in PPT slide.

Please provide the vb.net code for this.

Looking for a positive response . Thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards,
Anil Kumar

anilbits001

Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:52 am

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Sorry that our Spire.Presentation doesn't support adding custom SmartArt from .glox at present. We will consider adding the new feature in our future upgrade. Once there is any good news, we will let you know.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Return to Spire.Presentation