Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:52 am

Hi pls,

I'm new here and trying to browse PDF FormField features.

I found "How to add form field to an existing PDF via Spire.PDF", for .Net sample code.
When I tried and run, pdf file come out and can fill data in Text box, list, etc. input field.

How can I save back formfield data filled pdf file to our system folder or retrieve fill in data from .Net to save to database, please ?

Thanks.
Regards,
Thet Thet

ThetAung

Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:00 am

Hello,

Thanks for your post.
Yes, it needs to retrieve all filled formfields to get the filled data. To help us give an accurate response, please share us with your filled PDF for reference. You cloud upload here or send it to us via email(support@e-iceblue.com). Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:56 pm

Hello Lisa,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using your sample pdf file for now. It can open and can key in some data in form field.
But, after that, don't know how to bring back filled data pdf file/data back to our system (IIS/.Net).

When I search through, I found get fill data from pdf, but, it was before user input and read existing pdf file data.

Could you please guide me to try it out, please ?

Thanks.
Regards,
Thet Thet

ThetAung

Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:58 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
I uploaded my testing Demo to get the formfields filled data. Please have a check. If there is still any question or any misunderstanding, please share us with more details as well as your testing file to help look into it accurately.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:29 am

Hi Lisa,

Thank you so much and well noted for your sample code that retrieve form fields filled data.

Actually my testing scenario/workflow for a Website, as follow, please. [ ASP.Net Web development ]

1. User will click link/button to download/launch a pdf form (added form fields on pdf file)
2. User will key in required information on pdf form
3. What's next please ?

So far, I guess, user need to manually save the pdf file and then, upload it back to our website manually.
Am I right ?

Is there any other way to redirect back to our web page to upload file/get the form fields filled data, after user input all fields on pdf file ?

Thanks.
Regards,
Thet Thet

ThetAung

Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:20 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
As for your scenario, I am afraid that your user needs to manually save the pdf file and then upload it back as you mentioned that. However, you can adjust your Html page to get the user data and then pass them to fill your created PDF. Hope you can understand.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:06 pm

Hi Lisa,

Yes, I understand it.

Thank you very much for your information and well noted.

Regards,
Thet Thet

ThetAung

Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:16 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback! If you encounter any issue related to our products in the future, just feel free to contact us.
Wish you all the best!

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Return to Spire.PDF