Spire.DataExport for .NET is a 100% pure data .NET library suit for exporting data into MS Word, Excel, RTF, Access, PDF, XPS, HTML, XML, Text, CSV, DBF, SYLK, SQL Script, DIF, Clipboard, etc.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:36 am

Hi, i am very interested in this great component, i have applied the sample and i can do exporting, here are the problems:
1. I want to use custom header names, the original ones from datasource is not informative, please tell me how can i change the column header.
2. I noticed there is headers properties but i can't add per columns, instead it will add per rows
3. I noticed there is titles properties but when i change it, nothing happened.

The point is i want to change the column header names on all exporting, please tell me how. Thanks.

jay2success

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:15 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
If the DataSource of your export component object (e.g. CellExport) is
    SqlCommand, please us sql column alias to change the column header.
    DataTable, please change the column header of the DataTable.
Harry
Technical Support / Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

harry.support

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:06 am

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any other way? I already tried your method, before it export, i changed the datatable column name but it slows down the export significantly, for datatable column name, i am using small caps with hypen character, for the export i want to use more familiar and easier name and changing the datatable column name slows down the export process. Please suggest other ways.

jay2success

Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:57 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Would you please tell us which file format you want to export to?
Harry
Technical Support / Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

harry.support

Return to Spire.DataExport