Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:32 am

I using this code to extract text, but it return very much text not display on PDF.
Version lib: 7.8.2
Code: Select all
   string strPDF = @"G:\testmark.pdf";
            Spire.Pdf.PdfDocument doc = new Spire.Pdf.PdfDocument();
            doc.LoadFromFile(strPDF);
            PdfPageBase page1 = doc.Pages[0];           
            Spire.Pdf.Exporting.Text.SimpleTextExtractionStrategy sta = new Spire.Pdf.Exporting.Text.SimpleTextExtractionStrategy();
            string text = page1.ExtractText(sta);

How can none extract Hidden text in PDF?
Sample Data:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xbt57GJkocHt9dgLW2yab68cwtJwgtM0/view?usp=sharing

daitranthanhhoa

Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:27 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Sorry currently there is no way to distinguish the hidden text when extracting text using our Spire.PDF. I have posted your need to our Dev team, and they will investigate if there is any adjustments could be made. If there is any good news, I will inform you immediately.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:44 am

Can I to get text color?

daitranthanhhoa

Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:12 am

Hello,

Sorry our Spire.PDF doesn't support getting the text color at present. We will consider adding it into our upgrade list, if it is available in the future, I will notify you immediately.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:13 am

Can the latest version distinguish hidden text?

daitranthanhhoa

Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:13 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Sorry that the feature of distinguishing hidden text in latest version of Spire.Pdf is not currently supported. However, I have add it as a new feature to our product updating system with the number SPIREPDF-5779, our Dev will achieve it, once the feature is achieved, I’ll inform you in time.

Sincerely
Abel
E-iceblue support team

Abel.He

Return to Spire.PDF