Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:36 am

Hello Spire.PDF team,

I'm creating a new PdfDocument and adding information on it in a unit test and after that I'm encrypting the document with a password. For some cases it works but for one file I'm getting the following exception (System.FormatException : Header checksum illegal) when trying to use doc.LoadFromBytes(contentBytes, mypassword).

Can anyone help me identifying what is the problem?

Regards

frederico.rodrigues

Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:04 am

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
To help us investigate your issue more accurately and quickly, please provide your input PDF file and its password. You could send them to us (support@e-iceblue.com) via email. Don’t worry, we promise to keep your document confidential and will not use it for any other purpose. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team

Brian.Li

Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:35 am

Hello,

Has your issue been resolved? If not, could you please provide your input PDF file to us for further investigation?

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team

Brian.Li

Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:57 pm

Hola Equipo,

Para notificar que en nuestro proyecto estamos recibiendo el mismo error intentando visualizar un documento que tiene una firma digital y está cifrado con contraseña, pero nos está generando una excepción Header checksum ilegal al intentar usar doc.LoadFromBytes(OriginFilesBytes)

emil.salas

Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:15 am

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry and sorry for the late reply due to weekend.
I simulated a PDF document and did an initial test using our latest Spire.PDF (Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:8.6.1), but did not reproduce your problem using. If you were not using the latest version, I would suggest you give the latest one a try. If the issue still exist, please provide the following information for further investigation. You can attach your document here or send it to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thank you in advance.
1) Your PDF document and password
2) Test environment, such as Win10, 64bit
3) Application type, such as Console App, .NET Framework 4.8
In addition, since we are not familiar with your language, please communicate with us in English.

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:21 am

Hi,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
How is the issue you posted on our forum now? If it still exists, could you please provide the information that mentioned in my forum reply to us for further investigation?

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Return to Spire.PDF