Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:50 am

Hi E-iceblue Team,

We tried using Spire XLS free version 3.9.1 for refreshing the pivot from Java. But it is hanging while loading the Excel. Following is the code used for loading the excel.

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
workbook.loadFromFile(fileToLoad); --> Hanging at this statement

Please confirm are we doing anything wrong and help us in resolving the issue

Note: Java Version used is 1.8_281

rajiya01

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:06 am

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
I simulated an Excel file and tested it with our Free Spire.XLS, but didn't reproduce the issue you encountered. I would suggest that you first try our latest commercial version (Spire.XLS for Java Version:4.9.0) as it contains more fixes than the free version. If the issue still exists after trying, please provide your sample Excel file for further investigation. You could attach it here or send it to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:16 pm

Hi E-iceblue Team,

Thank you for the quick response.

By using spire.xls-4.5.3.xls it is working as expected without any issue.
I have shared you the files in attachments.zip to support@e-iceblue.com which includes the following

1. Java class
2. Excel File used for loading
3. Spire 3.9.1 free version related Zip file using which excel is not loading.

Please let us know if we are missing anything or if you need any other details.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Rajiya

rajiya01

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:57 am

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the file via email.
I tested your excel file with the free version and found the hanging issue. I have to tell that we only maintain the free version irregularly, now new features and fixes are only included in our commercial version. I suggest that you use our commercial version (the latest version is Spire.XLS for Java Version: 4.9.0) as it is stronger than free one to evaluate our Spire.XLS better. We are willing to provide you with a one-month temporary license to evaluate without any watermarks and restrictions, please apply for a temporary license from this link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/TemLicense.html. If there is any question, please feel free to write back.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Return to Spire.XLS