Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:43 pm

Hello,
I'm evaluating FreeSpire.PDF before moving to the licensed version.

I must load and extract text from pdf files downloaded from a website.

But when I load them using doc.LoadFromFile(path) I receive the " Invalid/Unknown/Unsupported format exception.

Nothing changes if I first read the files as bytes and use LoadFromBytes or from a memorystream etc.

I can open those files without problems with Acrobat and or any other software. Please see the attached file as example.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

gersis.spire

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:16 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I tested your file with the latest commercial version of Spire.PDF 8.7.9 and did not encounter any exceptions. I recommend that you use this version to evaluate and test our products. To facilitate your testing, we will provide you with a one-month temporary license. Please send an emial with the following information to sales@e-iceblue.com. We will send you a temporary license within one business day.
Code: Select all
Product(e.g Spire.Pdf for .NET):
License Registered email address:
Sincerely,
Andy
E-iceblue support team

Andy.Zhou

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:42 am

Thank you for the reply.

As I wrote, I'm using for testing purposes the free version (and tests will require 4 months) and I would like to know why the freeversion (not the commercial one) doesn't work with these very standard files.

I know you're interested to sell the commercial version but it's not correct, in my opinion, to suggest shortly "use the commercial one" (and then buy it) instead of providing a bugfix or workaround for the free version to work properly.

gersis.spire

Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:09 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Because we do need to prioritize the feedback from customers who have already purchased products, we can only maintain and update the free version as time permits. Its maintenance frequency is much lower than the commercial version. There may be some issues that haven't been fixed in time.
Therefore, for customers interested in evaluating or purchasing our products, we recommend that you use the commercial version and provide you with a temporary license. Hope you can understand.
Sincerely,
Andy
E-iceblue support team

Andy.Zhou

Return to Spire.PDF