Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:07 am

Hi,

I am using Freespire.Doc (which seems to have Freespire.PDF within it) to convert a single-page PDF to an Image.

I thought the free version was ok to use, as long as it was less than ten pages (I am only converting one page). However, the converted image has a message of "Evaluation Warning: The version can be used only for evaluation" appear above the image.

I have FreeSpire.Doc 7.1.13, and the DLL Versions (using .netcore so these are the netstandard2.0 versions) are:

Spire.Doc.dll - 7.1.13.41320
Spire.Pdf.dll - 5.1.23.18320

Appreciate your advice and assistance.

neilvivid

Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:20 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
The version you mentioned is commercial version, so there would be warning information without applying correctly license. Please change to use Free Spire.Doc for .NET Version:7.1.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:41 am

Hi Betsy,

Thanks for your reply.

I am already using FreeSpire.Doc installed via Nuget.

The DLL names and versions are the ones from here:

\.nuget\packages\freespire.doc\7.1.13\lib\netstandard2.0

I have downloaded the package from the link you provided and the DLLs are exactly the same version and size.

I am a bit confused!

neilvivid

Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:47 pm

To clarify, I still have the Evaluation warning showing.

neilvivid

Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:56 am

Hello,

Thanks for your more information.
The Spire.PDF.dll of Free Spire.Doc is from our paid version, hence there is a warning message when using the functionalities of PDF without a valid license. As for your situation, we suggest you download our Free Spire.PDF 5.1.0 to convert a PDF file to images. If there is any question, welcome to write back.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:26 am

Thank you.

I have downloaded Freespire.pdf now, but I cannot simply replace the DLLs as I then get errors around the incorrect version. This is proving very difficult to sort out (.net core) so far. I am using both the Doc and Pdf in the same solution.

What I curently have in the solution is:

Project A (main project) - Has Freespire.doc 7.1.13 installed via Nuget
Project B - Has Freespire.pdf 5.1.0 installed via Nuget

Project A has a reference to Project B, and calls something in Project B to do the PDF-Image conversion. The resulting image still has the Evaluation Warning text.

Any ideas?

If the Freespire.doc package had the free pdf dll in it this would save all these issues.

neilvivid

Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:06 pm

I've spent a lot of time on this today to no avail.

It seems that there is no way to use Freespire.doc and Freespire.pdf at the same time, which doesn't seem like something you would want. I can see 2 solutions, but both would require something your end:

1 - Include the freespire.pdf dll with freespire.doc (instead of the commercial version) and update your Nuget package.
2 - Update the freespire.pdf on nuget so the dll has a higher version number than the one distributed with the freespire.doc - this would possibly work as msbuild would likely favour the higher version number when working out it's dependencies.

If this was "old" .net then it could probably be fixed with a binding redirect but I can't seem to find a way to accomplish this in .net core.

neilvivid

Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:42 am

Hello,

This is Jane. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.
If you are going to use two or more products in one project, please use Spire.Office instead of to avoid incompatibility. However, at present, free Spire.Office does not support .net core. Once it is supported, I will inform you. As an alternative, you can use the commercial version https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Office/, we will offer you a one-month free license to remove the warning message. Since we are now having our Chinese New Year, the license would be sent to you on 11/02/2019 when we are backing to office.
Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team
Last edited by Jane.Bai on Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jane.Bai

Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:12 am

Hello,

Greetings from e-iceblue!
The temporary license of Spire.Office has been sent to you via email. Please have a check.
Wish you all the best!

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:27 am

Hi,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
Has your issue been resolved?
Could you please give us some feedback at your convenience?

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:30 am

Can i get the free .dll of spire.pdf and spire.pdf.security

ritzz_123

Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:48 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
You can download the latest version of Free Spire.Pdf from the folowing links.
Thank you for your interests in our Free Spire.PDF for .NET. It is totally free without any warning message for your commercial and personal use. Free version is limited to 10 pages of PDF. This limitation is enforced during loading and creating files. When converting PDF to Image, the first 3 pages of PDF files will be converted to Image format successfully.
If your document exceeds the limitation, you can evaluate our commercial version(Spire.Pdf 8.9.2). We are willing to provide a temporary license (one month free) to help you remove the warning message. If you need it, you can contact our sales team(sales@e-iceblue.com).

https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... -free.html

Sincerely
Abel
E-iceblue support team

Abel.He

Return to Spire.Doc