Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:43 pm

He @E-ICEBLUE team,
For my test project I'm using FreeSpire.Doc 10.8(.NET 6) and getting an error that 'System.Drawing.Common is not supported on this platform.'
Could you please help with technical way to solve this issue?

Best Regards,
Alex

AlexLarat

Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:05 am

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.
Kindly note our Spire.Doc provides the NET6 dlls, which depend on the System.Drawing.Common. This library is not supported on non-Windows operating system from NET6. But our netstandard dlls in Spire.Doc uses the SkiaSharp to replace the System.Drawing.Common. It can work with non-Windows operating system, also it is compatible with the NET6 platform. Please manually add the dlls from the folder “netstandard2.0” into your project, then install the following dependencies from Nuget. Or you can directly install our Spire.Officefor.NETStandard via NuGet Manager, which has included all the following dll files.
SkiaSharp >= 1.68.0
System.Text.Encoding.CodePages >= 4.5.0
System.Security.Cryptography.Xml >=4.5.0
If there are any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:31 am

Triste.Dai wrote:Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.
Kindly note our Spire.Doc provides the NET6 dlls, which depend on the System.Drawing.Common. This library is not supported on non-Windows operating system from NET6. But our netstandard dlls in Spire.Doc uses the SkiaSharp to replace the System.Drawing.Common. It can work with non-Windows operating system, also it is compatible with the NET6 platform. Please manually add the dlls from the folder “netstandard2.0” into your project, then install the following dependencies from Nuget. Or you can directly install our Spire.Officefor.NETStandard via NuGet Manager, which has included all the following dll files.
SkiaSharp >= 1.68.0
System.Text.Encoding.CodePages >= 4.5.0
System.Security.Cryptography.Xml >=4.5.0
If there are any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Hello,
Thank you for your answer!
But nuget package does't contain the netstandard2.0 dll - nuget.org/packages/FreeSpire.Doc/10.8.0
Could you pls provide way to download netstandard2.0 dll for FreeSpire.Doc?

I tried another way - installed FreeSpire.Doc from the official site with installation, coped netstandard2.0 dll to my project + other dependencies.
All seems good and working for me, but the FreeSpire.Doc(from site) adding the watermark. - e-iceblue.com/Download/download-word-for-net-free.html
FreeSpire.Doc from the nuget not.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Best Regards,
Alex Godyl

AlexLarat

Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:46 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
sorry for my mistake that I forgot to mention, the folder “netstandard2.0” is packed in our product package.
I did a simple test but I did not reproduce your issue. there is no watermark, could you please provide us with the following messages to help us work out a solution for you? You can send them to us via email(support@e-iceblue.com) or attach them here. Thanks for your assistance.
1) your full code and test document.
2) the dlls you imported in your project.
3) your test environment, such as centos 7.9.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:39 pm

sorry for my mistake that I forgot to mention, the folder “netstandard2.0” is packed in our product package.
I did a simple test but I did not reproduce your issue. there is no watermark, could you please provide us with the following messages to help us work out a solution for you? You can send them to us via email(support@e-iceblue.com) or attach them here. Thanks for your assistance.
1) your full code and test document.
2) the dlls you imported in your project.
3) your test environment, such as centos 7.9.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Hi!
Here you can find my test project where you can reproduce issue regarding watermark on windows operation system:

github.com/istok97/FreeSpireDocExample

Doxc file for test already in project(example.docx), but for testing you need to change the searched file path to your file pah.

Code: Select all
    public static void Main()
    {
        var document = new Document();

string docPath = @"C:\example";
        document.LoadFromFile(Path.Combine(docPath, "example.docx"));
        document.SaveToFile(Path.Combine(docPath, "example.pdf"), FileFormat.PDF);
    }

C:\example -> to your path

Best regards,
Alex

AlexLarat

Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:40 am

Hi,

Your GitHub repository is not found, so I created a simple demo and added the dlls in the “spire.doc-fe_10.8.0/BIN/netstandard2.0” folder manually, please download my project from this link (https://www.e-iceblue.com/downloads/attachment/Test(32425).zip) and have a test. If the warning message still exists, please provide us with your full project to help us do an accurate investigation for your issue. You can send them to us via email(support@e-iceblue.com) or attach them here. Thanks for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:36 am

Your GitHub repository is not found, so I created a simple demo and added the dlls in the “spire.doc-fe_10.8.0/BIN/netstandard2.0” folder manually, please download my project from this link (https://www.e-iceblue.com/downloads/attachment/Test(32425).zip) and have a test. If the warning message still exists, please provide us with your full project to help us do an accurate investigation for your issue. You can send them to us via email(support@e-iceblue.com) or attach them here. Thanks for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Hi!
Thank you for your support!
Sorry for my mistake, I opened my github repo github.com/istok97/FreeSpireDocExample
Could you please check again?

Regarding your example:
There is no data in the archive like "spire.doc-fe_10.8.0/BIN/netstandard2.0" folder and project not working :(

And as I can see System.Drawing.Common included into your project and this solution will not work on linux.
For linux system we need to add "SkiaSharp.NativeAssets.Linux" Version="1.68.0"

Best Regards,
Alex

AlexLarat

Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:08 am

Hi Alex,

please remove the spire.doc.dll, spire.pdf.dll from your project and delete externalSpire folder, then download the free Spire.Doc from https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-word-for-net-free.html and import the dlls in the BIN/netstandard2.0 folder to your project manually.
download.png

netstandard2.0.png

I have tested your project and the dlls just downloaded, there is no waring messages. If there are any issues after testing, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:18 am

Triste.Dai wrote:Hi Alex,

please remove the spire.doc.dll, spire.pdf.dll from your project and delete externalSpire folder, then download the free Spire.Doc from https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-word-for-net-free.html and import the dlls in the BIN/netstandard2.0 folder to your project manually.
download.png

netstandard2.0.png

I have tested your project and the dlls just downloaded, there is no waring messages. If there are any issues after testing, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Hello!!
Yep, it's working for me!!
Many thanks for your time it was very helpful! ^_^

Best Regards,
Alex

AlexLarat

Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:26 am

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue was solved. If there are any issues related to our products, just feel free to contact us.
Have a nice day! :D

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Return to Spire.Doc