Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:01 pm

Hi,

I am looking to see if i can get a version of Spire.PDF community version which supports netstandard 2.0?

I am using a mac / linux so the current free version one i can download seems to reference the System.Drawing dependancy which wont work for me.

Is there somewhere i can download the netstandard 2.0 version please?

phinett10

Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:45 am

Hello phinett10,

Thanks for your inquiry.
You can download our MSI Free Spire.PDF for .NET Version:8.6 version, after you install it, you will find the netstandard2.0 folder
from the installation directory, you need to manually reference the dlls from this folder and add the following dependency libraries to use it.
SkiaSharp >= 1.68.0
System.Text.Encoding.CodePages >= 4.5.0
System.Memory >= 4.5.0
System.Buffers >= 4.5.0
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe >= 4.5.0

Meanwhile, kindly note that our Free version is limited to 10 pages of PDF. This limitation is enforced during loading and creating files. When converting PDF to Image, the first 3 pages of PDF files will be converted to Image format successfully. If your document exceeds the limitation, you can upgrade to install our commercial version (Spire.Officefor.NETStandard 7.8.4) via Nuget. We are willing to provide a temporary license (one month free) of Spire.PDF for .NET to help you remove the warning message and evaluate our commercial version better. If you need it, please feel free to write back.

Sincerely,
Simple
E-iceblue support team

Simple.Li

Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:24 am

Well that was kind of the problem, i can't install the msi file on a mac/linux.

Guess i will need to find a windows machine.

Would be cool to have these files available for other O/S too.

phinett10

Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:59 am

Hello phinett10,

Thanks for your feedback.
Yes, the MSI file could work well on windows machine, you can first install on a windows machine and then to copy the Netstanard2.0 folder dlls. Or you can directly install our commercial version (Spire.Officefor.NETStandard 7.8.4) via Nuget.

Sincerely,
Simple
E-iceblue support team

Simple.Li

Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:23 am

Hello phinett10,

Could you please let us know how is your issue going? Thanks in advance for your feedback and time.

Sincerely,
Simple
E-iceblue support team

Simple.Li

Return to Spire.PDF