Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:15 pm

Hi,

I have tried generating the XPS file by debugging my program in visual studio using a 32 bit (x86) platform, but this did not work either. Can you tell me how you have managed to fix the problem for a 32 bit machine and yet it doesn't work for me? Or is it because my computer is still just a 64 bit machine running a 32 bit program?

milltownham

Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:18 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, it depends on the machine instead of the platform. If generating the xps file on a 32 bit machine, the print result is OK.

Best regards,
Simon
E-iceblue support team

Simon.yang

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:11 pm

Hello.

This issue has been going on for far too long. I first drew your attention to this bug 8 months ago and there has been no progress whatsoever. Is this even still being worked on? I feel that something like this shouldn’t take such a long time to fix. I understand that I am probably not high priority as I am not a paying customer but I was hoping to buy a licence once this issue has been resolved so if you don’t fix this bug you will lose a paying customer.

Your software has been able to do everything I require except for this function and I would very much like to use the software but if you won’t fix the bug then it just isn’t possible.

Please update me as to the progress you have made on this issue.

milltownham

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:02 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I am really sorry for the delay. We also want to solve this problem as soon as possible and it always with the highest priority in our bug tracking system but the truth is that we haven't found the cause of the issue yet. I am afraid it can't be resolved at present. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Simon
E-icelbue support team

Simon.yang

Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:37 pm

Hi, I have the same Problem. I need to convert a pdf to XPS.
but when I save the pdf to XPs the Fonts are gone. Is there a solution or a Workaround?
Kay

Kay.oldenburg

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:44 am

Hello Kay,

Thanks for your post.
If you were using an old version, I suggest upgrading to the latest Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:4.8.14 to try again, if the issue still exists after trying, please provide your original Pdf file and your result Xps to help us further investigate your issue. You could send them to us via email( support@e-iceblue.com).

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:40 am

Hello Lisa,

I tried it with Version 4.6.8 (downloaded with spire.pdfviewer_3.6.3) and with spire.pdf_4.8.14.
By using the newest spire.pdf_4.8.14 I get an Error concerning the pdfviewer. It tries to load an older Version of the spire.pdf dll.
but by resuming the test I get an currupted XPs in both cases. will there be a new Version of the pdfviewer component in the next time?
I will try to create some files to sent to you to Show my Problem.
Kay

Kay.oldenburg

Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:10 am

Hello Kay,

Thanks for your quick reply.
Please kindly note that Spire.PDF and Spire.PDFViewer are our independent products, they can't be used together in one project, this caused your error. For your case, you could reference the corresponding dlls from the latest commercial Spire.Office Platinum (DLL Only) Version:3.9.0 which contains the latest dlls( Spire.pdf.dll 4.9.3, Spire.PdfViewer.Forms.dll 3.9.1).

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm

Hello Lisa,

I am using both Produkts in one Soultion without Problems until now.
I tried the DLLs from the link provided, but I got the same result.
And there was a Evaluation mark in the Dockuments.
Will there be an update of the Viewer in the next time?
Kay

Kay.oldenburg

Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:40 am

Hello Kay,

Thanks for your feedback.
Below are my answers to your questions.
1. To help us locate your issue quickly, please attach your original Pdf file and result Xps here or send them to us by email( lisa.li@e-iceblue.com). Thanks in advance.
2. Regarding the evaluation watermark issue, sorry for the issue caused by us, our sales team just sent the updated licenses to your email. Please use the updated licenses on your side. If there is any question, welcome to write back.
3. If there are new features and fixes, we will release an updated commercial version of Spire.PDFViewer, then you can check it on our web site.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:51 am

Hello Kay,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
Could you please give us some feedback about your issues? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:39 am

Hi,

Can you please provide us with an update on this issue? I was told that this was a high priority for your devs but I have seen no progress as of yet.

Thanks

milltownham

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:26 am

Hello Nustadeleberit,

Thanks for your inquiry.
To help us look into your issue accurately, please provide your Pdf file and the details that you want to change. Sharing screenshots that show your desired effect of output will be helpful. You could send them to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:35 am

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for following up.
We have done tests and investigations on a lot of different machines, some 64bit machines can work well, some 64bits machines have problems. After a further comparative analysis, we get a preliminary conclusion that the different embedded fonts in XPS are caused by the different font files. Our Dev team needs to do a further investigation to find the specific reason. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and we will keep you informed about any progress.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:24 pm

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for the update. Do you know how long this could take to investigate? I have exhausted all other options that I can think of.

Is there a current workaround for this issue? For example, can the PDF pages be converted to full page images and then converted into the full XPS document to remove the issue of fonts? Or would this cause the printing to be much slower since an image is now being printed instead of a font?

milltownham

Return to Spire.PDF