Spire.Barcode is a professional barcode library specially designed for .NET developers (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core) and Java developers (J2SE and J2EE) to generate, read and scan 1D & 2D barcodes.

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:56 pm

Hi. I have followed the instructions in my ASP.NET 4.5 (MVC) application to apply the Key. I'm getting a FIPS error.

This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.

See attached image. I have disabled FIPS in the Web.Config per this article

[http]//social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/209e25be-0925-484e-ac10-736823e2b9f3/fips-issues-in-windows-net-and-visual-studio?forum=msbuild

I used web.config because I don't want to have to rely on the machine's registry - I don't have that kind of control over the server where this is deployed. I still get the error.

2020-01-15_7-47-56.png

himsterfoundry

Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:27 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Sorry to tell that the encryption method of our Free Spire.Barcode is not compatible with the FIPS, but our commercial version (the latest version is Spire.BarCode for .NET Version:4.1) is compatible.
Our sales team just send a temporary (one month free) license of commercial Spire.Barcode to your email (harry.imster@foundrysoftware.com), please refer to this tutorial (How to Apply the License by license key) to apply your license and remove the warning messages. Any question, please get it back to us.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Return to Spire.BarCode