Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:38 am

I have a 250 pages pdf. How can I split the pdf and merge it back at the end but still getting a smaller size pdf. Currently, when I split the pdf to a single pages, each of the file size already take 2MB and when i merge it back, the file size become too HUGE(400++MB) but the original file is just 3MB..So is there anyway I can split the pdf to a single smaller size pdf?

xiao0207

Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:13 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry,
If you were using an old version, I suggest that you download our latest version (Spire.Pdf Pack(hot fix) Version:6.7.8) and add the following code snippet to try again.
Code: Select all
doc.FileInfo.IncrementalUpdate = false;
If your issue still exists, please provide your input file to help us further investigate it. You could upload it here or send it to us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email.

Sincerely,
Sofia
E-iceblue support team

Sofia.Yang

Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:05 am

Hi Sofia.Yang

I already sent u the pdf example that I'm using via email. Could you please check it?

Thank You..I look forward to your reply

xiao0207

Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:10 am

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your testing file via email.
After splitting your file to single PDF files and then merging them back. I did notice the file size is increased. I have posted this issue to our Dev team to check if there is any approach to optimize the merged file size. If there is any update, we will let you know asap. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:22 am

Hello,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
As my email informed that the Spire.Office Platinum(Hotfix) Version:5.8.5 did some optimizations for your issue. Did the updated version work for you? Thanks in advance for your feedback and time.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Return to Spire.PDF