Spire.Presentation is a professional PowerPoint® compatible library that enables developers to create, read, write, modify, convert and Print PowerPoint documents. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Presentation for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:58 pm

Dear Support,

I started using the Spire.Presentation api and a lot works great, but when I get the size of the Comments collection on a slide which does contain comments I always get 0. The collection is always empty. I tried it with the FreeSpire and Spire version with no difference.

I attached an example where I added comments, but using the API you can't see them.

Hope you can help.

Thanks!

crossbreeze

Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:14 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry!

Sorry that I did not see any comments in the presentation file you provided, but only a note in it. Is the “comment” you said meaning the note in the bottom?

OnlyHaveNote.png

If so, please refer to the following code to extract the content of the note. If I have any misunderstand, please feed back to us. Thanks in advance.
Code: Select all
            Presentation pptxDoc = new Presentation();
            pptxDoc.LoadFromFile(@"E:\testdoc\example-animation\example-animation.pptx");

ISlide slide = pptxDoc.Slides[0];

NotesSlide notesSlide = slide.NotesSlide;
            foreach(TextParagraph paragraph in notesSlide.NotesTextFrame.Paragraphs)
            {
                string text = paragraph.Text;
                Console.WriteLine(text);
            }

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:53 am

Hi Marcia,

Thanks for the quick response. Getting the notes works fine, but I can't get the comments.

It's strange you don't see any comments, I use Microsoft® PowerPoint® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Versie 2110 Build 16.0.14527.20270) 64 bits.

Here a screenshot of the same file on my machine:
powerpoint_comments.PNG

Did the comment feature change in a newer version of PowerPoint or something?

Thanks!

Harmen.

crossbreeze

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:27 am

Hello Harmen,

Thanks for sharing more information!

I did find the comments after opening the PPT file in the Microsoft 365. And I have logged the issue of our Spire.Presentation cannot read comments in our issue tracking system with the ticket SPIREPPT-1785 for further investigation.

We will let you know if there is any update. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:10 pm

Hi Marcia,

Thanks for the feedback, is there any update on the issue, or timeline where it will be fixed?

Or can I follow the ticket somewhere else?

Thanks!

Regards,
Harmen.

crossbreeze

Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:23 am

Hello,

Thanks for your following-up!

Our Dev team is still working on your issue, sorry to tell that there is no significant progress so far.

Anyway, I urged and requested them to share any possible ETA at their earliest, once there is any good news, we will notify you immediately in this post. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:53 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patience!

Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.Presentation Pack Hotfix Version:6.12.4 which fixes the issue of SPIREPPT-1785.

Please download the fix version from the following links to test.

Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-presentation-for-net-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Presentation/6.12.4

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:11 am

Hello,

Hope you are doing well!

Has the issue been solved now? Could you please give us some feedback at your convenience?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Return to Spire.Presentation