Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi,

the task that I'm trying to accomplish is quite easy. Extract pages from a large PDF file. Due to some additional requirements of the task, I'm to able to use the PdfDocument.Split() method but instead I'm tring to get the task done with this code fragment:

Spire.Pdf.PdfDocument pdfDocument = new PdfDocument();
int pageNum;

pdfDocument.LoadFromFile(FileName);
for (pageNum = 0; pageNum < pdfDocument.Pages.Count; pageNum++)
{
string newFileName = "";

PdfDocument newPdfDocument = new PdfDocument();
newPdfDocument.InsertPage(pdfDocument, pageNum);
Thread.Sleep(1000);

newFileName = DirectoryName + "\\" + "Page" + pageNum.ToString("0000") + ".PDF";
newPdfDocument.SaveToFile(newFileName);
}

Using a source PDF file with a few pages only, this works rally fine. The files being generated are somewhere between 200 and 250 kB each and they all can be opened by Adobe Reader.

When trying to run this code fragment with a source PDF file that's as large as 2.000 pages, it will fail. The size of all the page files generated will only be 9 to 10 kB. It seems they only consist of the rad trial warning in the upper left corner without any futher contents. Trying to open such a file with Adobe Reader results in an error.

Is there any way to get this job done with Spire.PDF for source PDF files as large as 2.000 pages?

Kind regards,

aweidner

aweidner

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:50 am

Hello,

Thank you for contacting.
I simulated a large PDF file and tested with our latest Spire.PDF Pack Version:5.7. But I didn't reproduce your issue. I firstly suggest that you try again with the latest version. If your issue still exists after trying, please provide your large PDF file, the problem files you generated as well as a screenshot that shows the error when opening it in Adobe Reader. Kindly note that our forum has the size limitation for attachment. You could upload them to the DropBox or OneDrive and then share the download link with us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Besides, could you please let us know your testing result when using PdfDocument.Split() method to test the large PDF file? Did you get the same issue?

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:45 am

Hello,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
Could you please let us know how is the issue going? Thanks in advance for your feedback and time.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:58 am

Hello Lisa,

sending you any of the data you have requested is not a viaable Option in this case, All data we are trying to process here are strictly protected by data protection law (GDPR) in the European Union.

The maximum I can do is provide you with code snippets and I can also give you descriptions of the behaviour of the application and the "look and feel" of the Output that we get in using your PDF handling library. I know that this makes is quite difficult to search for the cause of the misbehaviour but we habe to abide to the law which is governing the way we are handling confidential personal data.

What I may also describe is that the page layout of the appoximately 2.000 pages contained within the document is quite conmplex with a lot of detail on each page. Maybe the symptoms are caused by a combination of the number of the pages in combination with the complexity of each of them.

Kind regards,

aweidner

aweidner

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:44 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
Yes, maybe your large PDF document contains special element or structures, it is hard to locate the cause of your issue without your PDF document. Don’t worry, we promise to keep your document confidential and won’t use it for any other purpose, you also can remove the confidential data of your document, just make sure the modified file can reproduce your issue. Besides, how about your testing result when using PdfDocument.Split() method to split? Please also share us with the problem files you generated as well as a screenshot that shows the error when opening it in Adobe Reader. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:43 am

Hello Lisa,

please let me be very clear and precise with this matter: Cuttent law regulations do not allow us to forward this data to anybody and will not not do this in any way, neither in the origibnal form, nor in a modified form with some modification to "blind out" part of the data.

If you like to fix the Problem, please try to create a large enough PDF file with pages that are sufficiently complex in ist structure and I's sure you and your developer colleagues will be able to re-create the malfunction.

Kind regards,

aweidner

aweidner

Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:18 am

Hello,

Thanks for your quick response.
I do understand your situation, but it is really hard to look into the issue accurately without a sample file. If you agree, we are willing to sign a confidentiality agreement to keep your document confidential and not use them for any other purpose. Anyway, we will do more testings and review this issue with our Dev team, if there is any update, we will keep your posted.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:49 pm

Hello Lisa,

as stated before, there is really no legal way for transferring the master PDF file to you, please take that as a non-negotiatable statement.

We'd really like to use iceblue's PDF library but should there be no wayx to re-create the misbehaviour and fix it, there is another similar libary which we habe also evaluated and which works well with this file. We'd rather use your product but we do have a product option, just in case.

Kind regards

aweidner

aweidner

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:16 pm

Hello,

We will simulate more PDF files to see if we can reproduce the issue, if there is any progress, we will keep your posted.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:27 am

Hello,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
After more tests, sorry we still couldn't reproduce your issue. I'm afraid that we can't reproduce and fix the problem without your special structure document.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:56 am

Hello Lisa,

thank you for the effort to re-create the malfunction.

You may close this case and the forum thread as we will be using another PDF handling library for this project.

Kind regards,

aweidner

aweidner

Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:34 am

Hello,

If you need other assistance, please contact us without any hesitation. Wish you all the best!

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Return to Spire.PDF