Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:08 am

Hello,

We use SPIRE.PDF for printing many different pdf forms from our application.
We often print 2-4 pdf documents in a loop by calling the Print() function.
For one particular set of pdf forms we have the issue that an extra blank page is printed along with the pdf prints.
This happens sporadically and not always. There are two pdfs to be printed on 2 pages, and there is a 3rd blank page getting released.
Both the prints are A5 landscape. I have attached the template PDFs for your reference.

Waiting for your earliest feedback.

zkstuns

Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:14 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I tested your files with Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:5.11.18 but didn't reproduce your issue. There won't be extra blank page on my side. If you were using an old version, I firstly suggest you try to use the latest one which has more improvements than old versions. And below is my code.

Code: Select all
            String[] filePath = new String[]
            {
                filePath1 + "PDF1.pdf",
                filePath2 + "PDF2.pdf"
            };
            PdfDocument doc = new PdfDocument();
            for (int i = 0; i < filePath.Count(); i++)
            {
                doc.LoadFromFile(filePath[i]);
                doc.Print();
            }

If the issue still exists, to help us investigate your issue accurately, please offer us the following information.
1. The complete code you were using which could reproduce your issue directly.
2. The information of your printer.
3. The OS and Region information, e.g. Win7, 64bit, China/Chinese.

You could upload them here or send us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email.

Best wishes,
Amber
E-iceblue support team

Amber.Gu

Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:52 am

Hello,
Thank you for the quick response.
1. The code which you have shared is pretty much the same what we are using - File is loaded into stream and PdfDocument is loaded from the stream.
2. Printer Info from our customer is attached
3. OS: Windows 10, German

zkstuns

Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:53 am

Hi,

Thanks for your information. Sorry to reply late for weekend.

Since we don't have the same printer as yours, I tried to print your files with "HP LaserJet P1007" but didn't reproduce your issue. There won't be the blank page on my side. I'm afraid it is difficult for us to locate the reason of your issue if we don't reproduce it on our side. Could you please offer us a runnable project which could reproduce your issue directly? We will continue to make a further investigation. You could upload it here or send us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email.

By the way, did you try to print your files with other printer? Will the issue happen? Or you could try to change a computer to see if the issue still exists.

Best wishes,
Amber
E-iceblue support team

Amber.Gu

Return to Spire.PDF