Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:53 am

Hi,

I understand that spire doc cannot directly access based on page number.

However, I would like to know when we export document to HTML, is that anyway we can know a paragraph is from which page ? (Maybe thru header/ footer / class name or any other way)

I believe there should be a way to tell the page number since when we save a document to images, we can see the image of the actual page correctly.

vernon1111

Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:07 am

Hi Vernon,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Kindly note MS Word document is flow document and does not contain any information about its layout into lines and pages.Therefore, technically there is no "Page" and "Line" concept in Word document, and our Spire.Doc product is based on MS Word specification. I am afraid there is no direct way in Spire to get the information about a paragraph in Word file is from which page. Hope you could understand.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:40 am

Hi,

I understand that, even the page number is on the footer or header of the document, the text from from footer and header cannot be export to the html as well?

vernon1111

Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:22 am

Hi Vernon,

Thanks for your information.
In HTML specification, there is no "HeaderFooter" concept like in MS Word yet. Besides, if you convert the Word file which has page numbers in the footer or header to HTML via MS Word, the result HTML would not keep the footer/header. Sorry that Spire.Doc doesn't support exporting the header/footer in Word to the html.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Return to Spire.Doc