Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:45 am

Hi,

We are testing Spire Office before purchasing and have noticed an issue after the upgrade to 6.4.0 and I see 6.4.4 still has the same issue. Previous to 6.4.0 it seemed fine. Primarily using the convert to HTML feature and noticed when text spans multiple cells it hides part of it.

I've attached the sample spreadsheet and the converted HTML we see for the cells as an example.

Hope you can sort this as we are looking to implement this soon.

Regards,
Kal.
Attachments
Samplefiles.zip
Sample files
(7.56 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

kal.dhami

Mon May 03, 2021 6:22 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I tested the following code with the latest Spire.Office v6.4.4, but didn't notice that part of the text will be hidden when it spans multiple cells. Attached are my output file and the screenshot when I open it in Chrome.
Code: Select all
            Workbook wb = new Workbook();
            wb.LoadFromFile("Sample.xlsx");
            Worksheet sheet = wb.Worksheets[0];
            sheet.SaveToHtml("out.html");
            wb.Dispose();

To help us further analyze, please provide your test code, your project target framework (e.g. .NET Framework 4.5), your OS information (e.g. Win10, 64bit).

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team
Attachments
output.zip
(94.93 KiB) Downloaded 140 times

rachel.lei

Thu May 06, 2021 1:12 pm

Hi,

I think I may know what the problem is. After upgrading the Nuget package ASP.NET seems to have cached the older version somewhere and it's conflicting somehow. I ran this on a different machine and it worked fine. It still hasn't solved my issue on my own machine but I know it works.

Thanks.

kal.dhami

Fri May 07, 2021 2:42 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
For the conflict issue, I suggest you first remove the the old NuGet package of Spire.XLS (usually under the "C:\Users\Administrator\.nuget" folder). Then remove the all the dlls related to our product in your project (including the dlls in the "bin" folder), reinstall our Spire.XLS and rebuild the project.

If you have any other questions, just feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Return to Spire.XLS