Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:45 am

Good afternoon,

I have acquired a temporary pro license and I have added the reference file as an "embedded resource", however after compiling the solution and converting .docx file to .pdf (Spire.Doc + spire.PDF) I got the "Evaluation warning" message.
I have also tried to pass the license key to the Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseKey() method, that also did not work.
The version I have added to the project is a hotfix version 8.10.0. (.net 4.0). Before posting a new topic to the forum I have searched it for similar topics, but all of the provided solutions in similar threads did not work for me.

rusvscms1

Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:09 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I have verified that your license is valid and the evaluation warning message can be successfully removed. Here is my testing project for your reference.
To help us further investigate your issue, provide your input file (if any), you test code or your runnable project. You could send them to us (support@e-iceblue.com) via email. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:15 pm

I have reviewed your DEMO file and made some adjustments to the function call method, however, the result is the same.
I also tried to use the old SPIRE doc version 5.7.0.54040 and spire pdf 3.7.291.54040 with the new license provided, but it didn't work either - I am getting
2020-10-19 15_12_26-spire doc.pdf.png
error on the 3rd page.
The Spire.Doc assemblies are referenced in the class library project which is later deployed to MS Dynamics CRM server as a plugin (.dll file).
2020-10-19 15_13_27-spire doc 2.png

What I have also noticed is that the old version of the Spire.Doc works okay as a free version when deployed to the MS Dynamics CRM plugin database, but the newer version of your doesn't. I get the message that the Spire.Doc DLL failed to load because it doesn't exist on the server. I have also tried to merge the assemblies into 1 using ILMerge, but that also did not work because the Spire.License DLL fails to be merged due to duplicate references in it (and as I understand it is not allowed to do so, but I wanted to try it as a workaround for this problem).

Code: Select all
 try
                    {
                        //Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseFileName("license.elic.xml");
                        MemoryStream stream = GetStream(note["documentbody"].ToString());
                        Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseKey(licensekey); //license key string contains the license key from the XML file. The string is declared in the class as a global string);
                        Spire.Doc.Document document = new Spire.Doc.Document();
                        document.LoadFromStream(stream, Spire.Doc.FileFormat.Docx);
                        stream.Close();
                        //Convert Word to PDF
                        MemoryStream pdfStream = new MemoryStream();
                        document.SaveToStream(pdfStrea, Spire.Doc.FileFormat.PDF);
                        string pdfBase64 = GetBase64FromStream(pdfStream);
                        pdfStream.Close();
                        document.Close();
                        string convertedPDFFileName = GetPDFName(service, target, preImage);

rusvscms1

Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:50 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
Note that the old SPIRE doc version 5.7.0.54040 you used is the free version and does not require a license. When using Free Spire.Doc to convert Word to PDF, you can only get the first 3 page of PDF file. If your Word document has more than 3 pages, you will get the message as shown in your first picture.

To help us further analyze, please provide the following information.
1) Have you tried to run my project directly on your end? What's the result?
2) When testing your project locally (without deploying it to MS Dynamics CRM server), will the evaluation warning message be removed?

Besides, if you want to merge the assemblies of our Spire.Doc, you need to use the license subscriptions of Spire.Doc Pack to remove the evaluation warning message. If you need the temporary license for Spire.Doc Pack, please contact our sales team (sales@e-iceblue.com) via email.
As for the duplicate references issue you mentioned, I searched on some technical forums and found the following solution, hope it can help you.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/440 ... cate-types

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:25 am

Hello,

Greetings from E-iceblue!
How is your issue now? Could you please give us some feedback at your convenience?
Thanks in advace!

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:48 am

I have managed to make it work by registering the required DLL's on the server and placing them directly in the assembly folder, this way it works. Thanks for the support!

rusvscms1

Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:10 am

Hello,

Glad to hear that!
If you encounter any issue related to our products in the future, just feel free to contact us.
Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Return to Spire.Doc