Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:53 am

Hi,

I'm converting RTF documents to PDF format and we have a license for Spire.
1) However, if i do not attach license there are two "Evaluation warning"s on top of the first page. If i do attach the license then there is one warning left. So it seems that no matter what evaluation warning will not completely go away.

2) I have read in previous topics that free Spire library doesn't have "Evaluation warning" in it. So here is the question: if we have purchased license for Spire can we use free version so no "Evaluation warning" will appear? Will there be any limitations to functionality if we attach license to free version? Or is that at least possible?

Thank you.

pavelzotov

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:44 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Sorry we don't find the purchase record according to your register email. Could you please provide us with your order information or send your license file to us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email?

1. Generally, we suggest applying the license by license key. But from your information, it seems you also use the function of Spire.Doc. To help us solve your issue accurately and quickly, please provide your purchase information and the code you were using.

2. Note free version doesn't need a license file and there is no any warning information. And free version has functional limitation. After we get your purchase information and the code you were using, we would know why there is warning information on your result file.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:56 am

Hi,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
Has your issue been resolved? Could you please give us some feedback at your convenience?

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:09 am

Hi,

I found the root cause of the issue. Apparently our license is only for Spire.PDF. So that what happens:
1) I get RTF document like that:
Code: Select all
Document rtfDocument = new Document(rtfStream, FileFormat.Rtf);

2) Convert RTF document to PDF format:
rtfDocument.SaveToStream(pdfStream, FileFormat.PDF);

So on each of those steps Evaluation warning is applied since new document is created. However, we don't have a license for Spire.Doc where RTF format is stored so for that reason we get a Evaluation warning on 1st step. And another Evaluation warning is gona because we have a license for SpirePDF.

So i have other questions based on that:
1) Can we use free version of SpireDoc for that purpose? All we need it for is to get RTF document by this single line of code and i believe it can be done by free version.
2) Are there any limitations for free version? As i have said we only need to get an RTF document so are there any limitations such as usages per day or something?
3) Is there anything else we need to consider?

pavelzotov

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:11 am

Hi,

Thanks for your information.
Note our Spire.PDF also supports converting RTF to PDF. Here is the guide for your kind reference.
https://www.e-iceblue.com/Tutorials/Spi ... B.NET.html
The code you provided is the function of Spire.Doc. The license of Spire.PDF is just licensed to Spire.PDF, it doesn't work for Spire.Doc.

If you still want to use Spire.Doc, below are the answers for your questions.
1)Yes. Note we have no plan to maintain free version, the fixes and new features will only be included in commercial version.
2)Yes, the free Spire.Doc has a general limitation to 500 paragraphs and 25 tables when loading and creating a Word document(RTF document) and a limitation to 3 pages when converting Word documents(RTF) to PDF and XPS files, and it doesn't support printing function.
3)Yes, note the free and commercial versions cannot be used together. And if you want to use Spire.Doc and Spire.PDF in same project, you need to download Spire.Office and then reference corresponding dlls(Spire.Doc.dll, Spire.Pdf.dll, Spire.license.dll) in your project. To help you evaluate Spire.Doc further, our sales team has sent you a one-month free license of Spire.Doc to help you remove the warning message. And there is no need for you to purchase Spire.Office, you could buy Spire.Doc and apply the two licenses.

Any question, welcome to get it back to us.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:43 am

Thank you for your response and detailed information.
I will try to adapt the code from provided link to our purposes and will get back to you as soon as i get something (good or bad).

pavelzotov

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:50 am

Hi,

I am waiting for your feedback.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:33 am

Hi,

I have tried to use your link (https://www.e-iceblue.com/Tutorials/Spi ... B.NET.html) to convert RTF to PDF using only SpirePDF but it doesn't work as expected.
So i do it like this:
string rtfText = rtfDoc.Markup;
using (MemoryStream pdfStream = new MemoryStream())
  {
          PdfDocument pdfDocument = new PdfDocument();         
          PdfPageBase page = pdfDocument.Pages.Add(PdfPageSize.A4);
          page.LoadFromRTF(rtfText, page.Canvas.ClientSize.Width, true);
          pdfDocument.SaveToStream(pdfStream, FileFormat.PDF);
          return pdfStream.ToArray();
   }

After that code is executed all markup of file is messed up and it doesn't look like an original RTF file.

However, previously (by the time we had issue with 2 Evaluation warnings) i used to do it like this using SpireDoc:
byte[] rtfData = new byte[rtfDoc.Markup.Length];
rtfData = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(rtfDoc.Markup);
using (MemoryStream rtfStream = new MemoryStream(rtfData))
using (MemoryStream pdfStream = new MemoryStream())
   {     
        Document rtfDocument = new Document(rtfStream, FileFormat.Rtf);
        rtfDocument.SaveToStream(pdfStream, FileFormat.PDF);
        return pdfStream.ToArray();
    }

This code converts RTF to PDF perfectly.

In my opinion both approaches should provide same result but i didn't manage to do so. Could you please clarify if both SpireDoc and SpirePDF should successfully convert RTF to PDF? If so - could you please advise what am i doing wrong or missing here?

pavelzotov

Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:10 am

Hi,

Thanks for your information.
After checking with our Dev team, I need to say that the mechanism of converting RTF to PDF in Spire.Doc and Spire.PDF is entirely different. So the result might be different.
To help us provide the solution for you, please share your input RTF.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi,

Can you please provide an email to which i can send example RTF file.

pavelzotov

Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:33 am

Hi,

Please send your RTF to Betsy.jiang@e-iceblue.com.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Return to Spire.PDF