Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:30 pm

Hi,

Could you help us as we seem to be getting the evaluation warning being displayed on documents occasionally despite the fact that we do have a valid license. The warning shows as "Evaluation Warning: This document was created with Spire.PDF for .NET" at the top of the document.

The bit of code it runs through on our side looks like this:

if (System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["SpireLicenseKey1"] != "")
{
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseKey(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["SpireLicenseKey1"]);
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.LoadLicense();
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseKey(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["SpireLicenseKey2"]);
}

I'm not sure what LoadLicense() does, but are you able to see anything at your end? Possibly should we be retrying if we don't manage to load a valid license the first time? It does only seem to not be valid occasionally, but it all runs through the same bit of code.

We are currently using version 6.8.6 and I can provide copies of the license keys to you if you require them. Presume that these would need to go to your support@e-iceblue.com address?

Thanks in advance for any help.

bryan.mo

Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:46 am

Hello Bryan,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I can find the order information you purchased on January 12th, 2018. You ordered one Spire.PDF Pro Edition Developer Subscription and one Spire.Doc Pro Edition Developer Subscription.
Your license code is correct. I used spire.office_3.8.2 including Spire.Doc.dll version 6.8.6 to test your two license keys, but I didn't reproduce your issue, the license keys always work.
To help me verify whether you are using the correct license keys or not, please send them to support@e-iceblue.com via email. In addition, what type of application are you working on?

Sincerely,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:00 am

Hi,

I have sent a mail to support@e-iceblue.com which includes our license keys. Have also included some further queries around if there is anything extra we can do / implement to ensure that we do not get the evaluation message displayed.

Thanks
Bryan

bryan.mo

Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:21 am

Hello,

I have received your email, and thanks for sharing more information!

Also, I attached a runnable project through email based on the key you provided with the Spire.Office for Net 3.8.0 by email.

Besides, please refer to the following code to verify if the license key has been used successfully.

DOC:
Code: Select all
            Document document = new Document();
            document.AddSection().AddParagraph().AppendText("string");
            document.SaveToFile("test.docx");
            document.LoadFromFile("test.docx");
            TextSelection[] selections = document.FindAllString("Evaluation", true, true);
            if(selections != null)
            {
                Console.WriteLine("Doc License not success");
            }
            else
            {
                Console.WriteLine("Doc License  success");
            }

PDF:
            PdfDocument pdf = new PdfDocument();
            pdf.AppendPage();
            pdf.SaveToFile("test.pdf");
            pdf = new PdfDocument("test.pdf");
            PdfTextFindCollection collection = pdf.Pages[0].FindText("Evaluation",false,true);
            if(collection.Finds.Length != 0)
            {
                Console.WriteLine("PDF License not success");
            }
            else
            {
                Console.WriteLine("PDF License  success");
            }

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:47 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your responses, they are appreciated. Running the project that you sent it seems that the license is always applied correctly although it seems that the same code in our solution is having an issue at times.

Is there an alternative way to do this? Such as a license file we could use as opposed to having to call loadlicense() and setLicensekey() everytime?

Thanks in advance

Bryan

bryan.mo

Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:20 am

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your reply.
You can also use license files to apply the licenses. But I'm sorry that you still need to manually set the path of the license files and call the LoadLicense() method. Here is the sample code:

Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseFileFullPath(@"D:\license.elic_doc.xml");
    Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseFileFullPath(@"D:\license.elic_pdf.xml");
Sincerely,
Andy
E-iceblue support team

Andy.Zhou

Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:10 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. We don't seem to have a copy of these license files. Where would I be able to get them from?

Thanks
Bryan

bryan.mo

Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:26 am

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your reply.
I have sent the original license files to your email. Please check them. If you have any other questions, just feel free to contact us.
Sincerely,
Andy
E-iceblue support team

Andy.Zhou

Return to Spire.Doc