Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:58 pm

1. We have a document that present some issues, the document was created and edited with spire .doc version: 7.2.6.18040, using Visual Basic as the programming language.
2. The document has embedded files, but something may has happened in the edit process that damage the embedded files. Now we can only access 2 of 4 files, although the files open when clicked, they do not open the correct ones. The files are in the page 2 of the document.
3. Is very important to us the content of those embedded files, the user no longer has access to them, so we need to either repair the document or recover the embedded files.

cotoql

Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:01 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
The Word file you provided should be you output file, right? To help us further investigate your issue, please provide your input file, your full code or a runnable project that could reproduce your issue.
You could upload here or send them to us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email. Thanks in advance.

Besides, I noticed that you were using an old version, I suggest you could also download the latest version(Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:8.3.8) to have a try.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:17 pm

Hi, thanks for your answer, the file is attached in the post, it is a zip file, so you have to unzip it.

cotoql

Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:28 am

Hello,

Thanks for your response.
You mean that you loaded the file "C-0014.doc" of your first post and edited it with our Spire.Doc, then some embedded files of the generated file cannot be opened normally?

I tried to insert some paragraphs into your Word document with the latest Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:8.3.8, but the embedded files in the output document could be opened normally. Meanwhile, I also tried to add another embedded file into your Word file, there was also no problem. Here I uploaded my testing project, you could directly run it on your side.
http://www.e-iceblue.com/downloads/demo/20938Demo.zip

If there is still any question or you did the different operations for your document, please provide your full testing code (or a sample runnable project) as well as your output file to help further investigate it. And some screenshots of your issue may also help a lot.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:30 pm

Hi, yes that is the correct file and yes you can open the embedded files, the problem is they do not open the correct ones, take for example the emdedded file named BitacoraSupervision.pdf, if you open that file you are going to see a file with a page in blank, the file with the page in blank is Doc1.pdf. So i cant see the real content of the BitacoraSupervision.pdf file, the real content is missing, that is the problem that we have.

cotoql

Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:45 am

Hello,

Regarding the file "C-0014.doc" of your first post, I tried to open the embedded file "BitacoraSupervision.pdf" and "Doc1.pdf", yes, they both showed blank in Adobe. Thus, we confirmed with you before if the file you provided is your input file or your output file.
Besides, have you run my project? In my project, there is a file named "Modified-C-0014.doc", which I embedded a PDF file in it. After performing a simple editing operation on the file "Modified-C-0014.doc", the embedded PDF file can be opened normally and the content is showed like the attached screenshot. Please run my project on your side and then let us know your testing result.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:21 pm

Hello, yes, the file can be opened correctly. But our problem happens when adding footer, you would have to add at least three lines in the footer by means of two editions. And this problem only happens when there are embedded files, otherwise we don't have some other kind of problem with some other file. The problem we have is with those files that have embedded files, what can we do with them?

cotoql

Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:40 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
Based on your description, I simulated a Word document with embedded files and tested your scenario, but the embedded files in the output document can be opened correctly. Here I uploaded my testing project, please directly run it and then let us know your testing result. Meanwhile, you could also replace the input file with your own and then test it.
http://www.e-iceblue.com/downloads/demo ... ewDemo.zip

If there is still any issue or your code is different from mine, please provide a runnable project (including your input file) that could reproduce your issue, then we will do further investigation. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:00 pm

Hi, the process to add the footer is different, because it is added from line to line, but you are using the newer version, our problem occurred with the version that I indicated previously. Yes, we can upgrade to the newer version to prevent that problem from happening again, but what about the file that has the problem and the others that might have it? How do I get back those files that I need?

cotoql

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:50 am

Hello,

You mean your issue can be resolved with the latest version of Spire.Doc, right? The version you used before is very old, sorry we do not maintain the old version. Please upgrade to the latest version (Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:8.3.15).
Besides, regarding "but what about the file that has the problem and the others that might have it? How do I get back those files that I need?" you mentioned, I'm not very clear about what you mean. Could you please elaborate on it?

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:20 pm

Hi.

What I mean by that is that as you could see with the file that I attached, there are files that are missing and the problem was caused by using the Spire.doc library, we can have a solution for those lost files from you guys or not?

cotoql

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:42 am

Hello,

Our Spire.Doc supports extracting OLE (Object Linking and Embedding) objects from Word document. However, for your document, the data of the OLE objects is already corrupted, the embedded files appear blank when opened. I tried extracting the OLE objects from your document with our Spire.Doc, the extracted PDF documents also appear blank after opening. Sorry, we are unable to recover the data of the corrupted files for your document.

And you mentioned that your Word document was created using our product and the OLE objects would get corrupted when adding footer. Do you still encounter the same issue after upgrading to the latest version? If the issue still happens, please provide your source files and the complete code of inserting OLE objects and adding footer using our product. Then we will do further investigation.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Return to Spire.Doc