Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:41 pm

Hello

Is it possible to use Spire.PDF to embed all used fonts of an existing PDF?
We do have an old reporting tool which creates PDF files but is unable to embed the used fonts. So we would like to use Spire.PDF to open the file, go through all the used fonts and embed them in the PDF.

I have not found an example of how to do this in your program guide or tutorials

Thanks for your help.
Nicolas

BSD

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:00 am

Hello,

I am afraid that the feature is not supported, and I have added it to our feature enhancements list, once it is achieved, we will let you know.

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:59 am

Hi Team,

Is there any updates on this post?

sumit.pundhir

Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:17 am

Hi Sumit,

Sorry this feature has not been implemented yet due to its complexity. Once there is any good news, we will let you know ASAP.
Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:37 pm

rachel.lei wrote:Hi Sumit,

Sorry this feature has not been implemented yet due to its complexity. Once there is any good news, we will let you know ASAP.
Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

Just for clarification, are you saying that Spire.PDF can't embed a font into a PDF? So, if I open up a PDF on a laptop that doesn't contain the font I designated when I created the PDF, it won't display correctly?

mtceegee

Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:21 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Our Spire.PDF doesn’t yet support embedding all fonts that are not embedded in the PDF. If it is implemented in the future, we will let you know.

Besides, when you open a PDF file with unembedded fonts, if the corresponding fonts are installed on your computer, it will be displayed correctly. If the fonts are not installed, the PDF viewer tool you are using (e.g. Adobe) may automatically replace it with another font so that it can be displayed properly.

If there are any other questions related to our products, just feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team

Brian.Li

Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:48 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patience!
Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.PDF 9.3.4 which achieve the new feature with the number SPIREPDF-3933.
Please download the new version from the following links to test.

Website download link: https://www.e-iceblue.cn/Downloads/Spire-PDF-NET.html
Nuget download link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.PDF/9.3.4

Sincerely
Abel
E-iceblue support team

Abel.He

Return to Spire.PDF